• This topic has 133 replies, 59 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by argee.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 134 total)
  • Hello there – Obi-wan you know Old Ben.
  • stumpyjon

Kenobi out on Disney+, slow start, ep 2 was a bit better.

RobHilton
    Free Member

I saw nothing worng with ep1 – quite enjoying ep2 now 🤗🤗

Especially the cenobites and Catwoman 🙂

Drac

I also liked one a nice simple catch up just started EP2 now but Mrs has come home so stopped it for now.

beaker

Just watched episodes 1 and 2. By the end of no.2 I was thinking that this was The Mandalorian rerun, substituting Baby Yoda for a 10 year old girl.

ads678

I enjoyed both episodes, was wondering where the thread was. Only stumbled across this as I like looking at closed threads to see why it got closed. That one didn’t give any clues to its content either….

ta11pau1

All good so far, nice to have somewhere different than the sands of tattoine too…

Ep1 was a nice set up, ep2 starts to get going!

A couple of irks though, how can 4 different grown adults not catch a 10 year old girl!

RobHilton
    Free Member

A couple of irks though, how can 4 different grown adults not catch a 10 year old girl!

Easy cop-out explanation: the force, innit.

Drac

Apart from it being part of the plot? She ran under low branches and slid under bushes.

ads678

Yeah that scene was a bit rubbish, but those are ones you just have to turn your brain off for.

vintagewino
    Free Member

They were foiled by some sticks, much as the inquisitors were foiled in Ep. 1 by those curtains falling down. But good to see Flea reprising his character from Point Break and Back to the Future 3.

anagallis_arvensis

I thought EP1 was very good, really captured his mood, really showed what he had become..not seen 2 yet!

BoardinBob

good to see Flea reprising his character from Point Break

Wrong Chilli Pepper

vintagewino
    Free Member

Pretty sure Flea and Kiedis are in that point break scene? Edit: I just rewatched it and I guess not!

dawson

Watched both last night. Enjoying it so far – the pacing feels so much better than Mandolorian and Bobo Fett

nostrils
    Free Member

Pretty poor so far – Apart from Ewan McGregor this suffers from awful acting and dialogue, particularly the Third Sister.

funkmasterp

I liked his disguise in episode two. Dressing exactly like a Jedi. The inquisitor lady seems to have dialogue and the characteristics of Anakin from the prequels. Basically an angry teenager and I bet she hates sand too.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Not bad, the chase/fight scene in ep2 was a bit crap, the old let’s stop shooting so they can have a heartfelt moment, Obi gets downstairs in 2.3 seconds and number 3 is only a few rooftops away but is still busting some serious parkour a few scenes later. And number 3 is a bit American isn’t she? Accent really grates for me.

stumpyjon

Thank you mods for changing the title, I was beginning to fear it was too subtle.

LimboJimbo

Watched it with the Mrs and we found ourselves calling out all the films it, ahem, borrowed from. So far we’ve had Batman, Blade Runner, 5th Element and John Wick. Still enjoyed it though, due to being a hopeless fanboi. I know people love to pick plot holes in anything Star Wars, but it must be clear after the last 40 years, if you can’t suspend disbelief, the franchise is probably not for you.

lovewookie

Like it do far. As above though, when folk are looking for jedi, don’t dress like a Jedi. And don’t constantly wear your hood up when no one else is!

scruff
    Free Member

His sabre looks like a victorian candle stick.

dazh

Princess Leia is intensely annoying. Here I was hoping for something a bit more grown up than the films and instead we get The Goonies.

anagallis_arvensis

I love the hate, it makes me grow strong.
    I loved both episodes, great TV.

Mikkel
    Free Member

The toy plane was the best bit.
    Already looking forward to seing how Luke ends up with it.
    I have the Lego version of it.
    I find the sister really annoying but the inquisitors i thought matched how they are in Rebels nicely.

funkmasterp

Hopefully the kid will be rescued by episode three and we can crack on. No real child can compete with baby Yoda. I’m not getting how inquisitor the magic number knew to kidnap baby Leia. No connection other than when they parcelled them off at the end of the third prequel film.

vintagewino
    Free Member

She says something about finding a connection between the Organas and Obi-Wan ‘in the archives.’

MoreCashThanDash

I’m a bit take it or leave it with Star Wars beyond the 3 original files, but I’ve enjoyed Obi Wan, looking forward to the next episode

ratherbeintobago

Nice cameo at the start of Ep 2 from NZ’s greatest living actor.

stripeysocks
    Free Member

I am with nostrils, Ewan McG was doing his best but the rest looked like it was hoiked from a crappy Dr who episode.

Such that, having cut Ep1 short to see if Ep2 was any better, I ended up starting to watch Solo – which, I was surprised to find, is actually moderately entertaining(!!!). Though I am only half way through so I haven’t yet found out how they explain Han Solo’s change in eye colour !

molgrips
    Free Member

Just watched it, was better than the Bob’s Fett weirdness. I didn’t think it was too shonky, except for Evil Kryten. Also there only seems to be about 5 or 6 habitable planets in this galaxy.

The young Leia looks far too young, but then I realised they must’ve cast her because she has the Carrie Fisher mannerisms when she talks.

funkmasterp

I ended up starting to watch Solo – which, I was surprised to find, is actually moderately entertaining(!!!).

I don’t get the dislike for it. It’s a solid old fashioned romp of a movie. Better than the three main entries in my opinion

stumpyjon

Yes Leia did look too young. I also quite liked Solo, not Rogue One but way better than the last three piles of steaming bantha poodoo.

argee

Need to start watching this, have to be honest, i stopped watching the mandalorian at the first season, and didn’t watch any of Boba Fett, there’s just too many series and they all seem to love being space cowboys for some reason, i see something called Andor is out soon, a prequel to the prequel that was rogue one, they’re going to get lost in the prequel world soon!

Obi Wan i’ll watch though, Ewan McGregor and a decent budget, they have a lot of leeway as well with what they can and can’t do.

Disney seem to be milking this and the marvel world just now, and the weird thing is, that both these franchises have massive worlds, but you’d think they were tiny with the formulaic stuff they’re churning out.

stevedoc
    Free Member

singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/hello-there-2/#post-12403888

A rat in the desert ?

My biggest problem with this is if the Gran Inquisitor died by her hands that takes away from Starwars Canon …. if you know

akira

Once we get more Vader and possibly Maul it’s going to really start. Hoping Old Ben gets a bit more Kenobi though as I think he’s forgotten which button turns his light saber on.

househusband

At least Jar Jar Binks isn’t in it.

mattyfez

Watched the first 2,… has potential but mainly because of Mcgreggor I think.

Little Leia is really annoying, If I was Obi-wan, I’d have just left her to rot. hahaha.

john_l
    Free Member

Nice cameo at the start of Ep 2 from NZ’s greatest living actor

It was, wasn’t it? But not as Boba Fett, presumably?

Edit – my son’s just pointed out the obvious.

fasthaggis

Pretty poor so far – Apart from Ewan McGregor this suffers from awful acting and dialogue, particularly the Third Sister.

This^^

Little Leia is really annoying, If I was Obi-wan, I’d have just left her to rot. hahaha.

And this^^
    🙂

I was really looking forward to this show,so I hope things start to pull together a bit.

mattyfez

Yeah the third sister has a realy dodgy pretence, the other inquisitors would surely just execute her if she’s causing a problem, which she is.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 134 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.