Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 83 total)
  • Headset and shock bushing presses – any interest if i get some made up?
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

I have drawn up some plans to get some headset presses and shoch buching presses made up.
    They would be £35 for the set ( a headset press and a shock bushing press)

The headset press is loosely based around the cyclus one and is good for 1 1/8″ and 1.5″ cups, the shock bushing press (for the du bushings) works to insert new and remove old du bushings.

I know you can do it with washers/sockets etc but these are made to measure.

Any interest? cruz.heckler@gmail.com

fadda

Ygm!

rob-jackson
    Free Member

cool – need 9 more

thv3
    Free Member

YGM, sounds good.

slowrider
    Free Member

Sounds interesting, any chance of pics/drawings?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

only if you promise not to nick em!

slowrider
    Free Member

Ha! I already have both tools but both have been knackered by mates borrowing them (you know who you are!) so replacements at this price would be great as long as they are a step up from the bolt and washer contraptions!

legend
    Free Member

What size of bush are you making the tool for?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

1/2″ fox

rob-jackson
    Free Member

planning on making/drawing up some presses for pivot bearings etc also

The-remedy
    Free Member

can i have one please.
    pm you

rob-jackson
    Free Member

all emails fielded, 5 down – 5 to go

woofersco
    Free Member

Set for me please.

anto164
    Free Member

BTW, how competative would these be against a TF bushing press @ £20?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

About 30% cheaper

PePPeR

I have a cyclus headset press which is fine, but I could do with a set of 1.5″ adaptors to update it.

If you were doing just these adaptors then give me a shout please 😉

timmys

Adaptors for a cyclus headset press for push-fit bottom brackets please 🙂

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Can you let me know the measurements of the stuff you require guys

ratadog

YGM

granny_ring

1.5″ adaptors for cyclus headset press too please and can you send pics of both tools thanks.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Adaptors for a cyclus headset press for push-fit bottom brackets please

Interest for these here also

kaesae
    Free Member

I already sell these shock bushing tools on ebay, they fit perfectly into your pocket and are self aligning, so no faffing!!! and I sell them for £8.50 if you come direct.

As well as packs of 10x DP4 bushes for £10 direct

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FOX-SHOCK-BUSHING-TOOL-Fox-bush-tool-KaTec-bikes-/130522891945?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item1e63c546a9

How you doing cruzheckler 😀

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Kaesae – not being rude but you stated when i asked about tools that your skills were not up to scratch yet.
    Looking at your product – is teh larger part (RHS of picture) hollow?

kaesae
    Free Member

😯

cruzheckler – Member
    Kaesae – not being rude but you stated when i asked about tools that your skills were not up to scratch yet.
    Looking at your product – is teh larger part (RHS of picture) hollow?

You were checking me out, so I put you off! fair is only fair after all 💡

I said I wouldn’t be doing it on mass, but I am developing tools, since you seem to feel you are far more capable at doing it than I am, let’s start a thread and see who comes up with the best idea’s

My skills are sufficient to create these tools, nothing much to it, although designs will differ in effectiveness, my tools work great 😀

I learn quickly and I have a keen mind, I have sold 20+ of the tools so far and have 4 riders testing them on all of my friends shocks. 4x tools + 40+ bushes, not too much to invest in the development of the shock tools.

It’s also good for the bike Karma which reduces crashes 8)

Since I haven’t had any complaints yet and a lot of good feedback I think I can machine these up easily enough 😉

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Truth be told I don’t know how long it will take me to get used to the new tooling, so it’s hard to say when I will be able to make other tools,

from your email /\ last sunday

kaesae
    Free Member

cruzheckler – Member

Truth be told I don’t know how long it will take me to get used to the new tooling, so it’s hard to say when I will be able to make other tools,

from your email /\ last sunday

Aah, always good to have private emails even if they are only partial ones, included in threads.

So you have access to a lathe and other facilities and thought you would check me out, or is it simply because I couldn’t do the tooling for you that you then decided to get access to said facilities!

rob-jackson
    Free Member

BTW all – my presses and other tools will be manufatured using a CNC lathe so should be spot on measuremnt wise

kaesae
    Free Member

OK then let’s see what you intend to do for the bearing puller/press, I for one would like to see the design 😀

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Bearing puller/press will work in the same manner as the shock bush press. Nothing complex.

When ordering the buyer will need to state the bearig size so that the appropriate “blank” can be included to ensure that the bearing is pulled/pressed by the outer edge of the race not the inner.

Not a chance i will show you drawings as you obviously have the time/machinery to make copies.

Oh and if i add smilies does it make this non confrontational?? 8)

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Anyway – back on topic everybody.

I will investigate the prospect of making a press/puller for the pivot bearings on my heckler. If you wouldlike something similar for pivot bearings on your bike also, please could you email me with:
    [*]Bike make/model
    bearing size
    Any issues with getting into the bearings/space to work in
    Photo of bearing site [/*]

timmys

timmys: Adaptors for a cyclus headset press for push-fit bottom brackets please

Can you let me know the measurements of the stuff you require guys

I’m going to post this on the thread instead of emailing you in the hope that some one can confirm the measurements!

I don’t have callipers to measure things accurately but maybe you have a cyclus press already you (or someone else) can take the measurements from?

A = diameter of cyclus headset press shaft, seems to be around 16mm measured with a ruler.
    B = needs to be diameter of a Hollowtech II crank spindle which by googling seems to be 24mm. Maybe a tiny bit smaller than the nominal value though so the bearing slip on/off without any hassle?
    C = Not crucial but the size of the largest diameter of the cyclus presses would be about right which seems to be ~32mm

I’m really hoping someone can back me up with these details!

You can email me at tscalesATmacDOTcom if need be.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

that should be no problem what so ever

timmys

cruzheckler – Member
    that should be no problem what so ever

Would you need a minimum number of people to commit before going ahead? What timescale are we talking about here days or weeks? I’d definitely have a pair in case that wasn’t obvious!

rob-jackson
    Free Member

weeks

why would you need a pair? surely 1 and the other side would be a blank plate?

kaesae
    Free Member

cruzheckler when I said that I sold bushing tools and very kindly added a link 😉
    you replied with kaesae not being rude but you stated when i asked about tools that your skills were not up to scratch yet.

Is that not confrontational ❓

This is a thread about tools and I am entitled to contribute to it 👿 👿 👿 am I not ❓

I wish you luck with your tools, I would have liked to have worked on developing them with you, since I already have several deisgns, but such is life.

I will look forward to seeing how well you do at it and as a sign of good will I will give you what ever dimensions you need from my cyclus headset press.

kaesae
    Free Member

The other side of the press might not be sufficient in diameter to fit the bb cups without damaging them! you will need two and also for the headset press, as a 11/8th” will not fit!

With these kinds of tools you have two options, make the anchoring/stationary part of the tools larger than the diameter of the cups or make it the same shape as the cups so that it cannot damage them.

kaesae
    Free Member

I have a cyclus headset press and a set of 1.5″ / 11/8th” headtube adapter that I use with my cyclus headset press for 1.5″ steerer tubes!

kaesae
    Free Member

What dimensions do you need from the cyclus press?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

A thread about tools – how ironic 😉

Kaesae i understand how they work mate, having used many varieties. I was suggesting that …… oh forget it. Just check your email instead of trying (and failing) to be clever

timmys

why would you need a pair? surely 1 and the other side would be a blank plate?

With a pair the press would definitely be aligned centrally through the bottom bracket shell so the bottom bracket would definitely going in straight. That’s how I see it anyway but I’m no engineer.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 83 total)

The topic ‘Headset and shock bushing presses – any interest if i get some made up?’ is closed to new replies.