Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 116 total)
  • Have you ever had a bike that just feels right from the first pedal turn.?
  • johnners
    Free Member

Cotic Soul, it just felt perfect from the first time I slung a leg over it. Oddly enough the wrongest feeling bike I’ve ever had was a Cotic Roadrat, it was so bad I didn’t even bother trying to tweak it right, just sold it on within a week.

smatkins1
    Free Member

A Whyte T129 which I demoed a few years ago just felt great from the first pedal stroke and just got better and better as I rode it around the local singletrack. I would have bought one if it wasn’t for my inclination to get airborne. I also got a good feeling from the first time and every time I ride my Bronson.

busta
    Free Member

I was just about to say… my Cotic Roadrat. Built it up from second hand parts to a fairly oddball spec and it’s just superb.

chakaping
    Free Member

I think my most recent acquisition is the only bike that I’ve not felt the need to change or tweak anything at all…

First Ride: Kona Process 111 – playing the long game

jam-bo

I built up a cotic roadrat and hated it from the off. rode it a handful of times and flogged it.

unpacman
    Free Member

Loving my Saracen Kili Flyer, handled BPW really well and the size small is spot on. Beat the crap out of all my past mtb’s.

honourablegeorge

etmetalktomark – Member
    For me its my Genesis Fortitude.

Like that. “It was perfect the moment I sat on it. Except that I totally changed the build four times ” 🙂

Bedds
    Free Member

My current Roadie.. a Giant Defy Advanced 1, first ride was a rather ambitious (for a first ride that is) 50 miler, I got to the end feeling fresh, it’s never felt anything other than right for me. It had felt right in the shop and before I collected it I had a fitting which I guess helped with that though

I’ve not had so much luck with mtb’s, I’ve grown to like my bikes, the only one I really loved was my On One Scandal, I built it up with components I’d always wanted, it felt right.. I was gutted to sell to be honest, it’s replacement I grew to enjoy although I was quicker on from the word go.. my current? well, I’ve honestly not ridden it enough!!

ThePinkster

My BFe, love it to bits. Not ridden either of my full sussers since I’ve had it.

It just fits & feels right.

momo

My Cotic BFe, was bought as a stop gap frame while I searched for a large Blur to replace my medium one. Halfway round the maiden ride I knew that bike wasn’t going anywhere! Keep thinking about replacing it with a chubby Solaris, but then I ride it and realise that it’s pretty much perfect as is.

teamslug
    Free Member

Ibis Mojo SL-R 2008. I’m a serial bike swapper but this will be slotted next to me in my coffin.

mindmap3
    Free Member

My 2005 Spesh SX Trail -loved that bike despite being poo brown with poo brown 36’s. It was built up as a trail bike and I kind of regret selling it, even though it climbed like a pig it just felt right on the fun bits.

Very happy with my current Ti Switchback too.

Northwind

My Soul- I’d done a 40 minute testride that was just ridiculously good, to the point that I was never happy riding my Scandal again, it was ruined. Then I got my own and after about 10 miles I’d ridden things on it that I’d never managed before on any bike. Oh and also had a massive crash 😆

OTOH, the bikes I’ve loved most have taken real work to get right, it’s like the learning curve helps me fit with the bike or something.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I’ve owned eight “decent” bikes over the years, but only one has felt “right” on the test ride. That was my Stumpy Evo 29er, it simply fits me perfectly. It’s also supremely well balanced, it’s a doddle to slide and I’ve never had cause for complaint about climbing vs descending ability.

leftyboy
    Free Member

Both of my current bikes, a Whyte T-130 Works and my 2 rides old Bird Zero TR. The geometry on both is very similar and I’m running the same wheels, cranks, brakes post, bars and stems so no big surprise they both feel similar.

From the first 100 metres or so both just felt right and both seem to want to go fast!

stevied
    Free Member

Yes, my LV601 feels just right. Was torn between an Intense Tracer 2 and an LV and was lucky enough to try a tracer and 301 owned by a kind member on here. 301 felt good enough to take a gamble on the 601 and glad I did.

maccruiskeen

Titus Racer X in XL – fitted me like a glove, just bolted all the bits on and rode it and it was right straight off the work stand. Got two short rides on it before it was nicked. Insurance money came through just as the last one vanished off Planet X’s website. Emailed them to ask if had any more kicking about of if any might be coming in – ‘no, all gone, never coming back’

Fannied about for ages until I ended up getting a Banshee Prime instead – which is great, fits well and everything but isn’t really my kind of bike….. and some Racer Xs pop back up on Planet X’s site – and then hang around unsold for ages. Grrr.

NormalMan

Happened to me twice. 1990 with a steel framed Fisher. Thought it would never happen again bit 2 months ago I tried a Surly Pugsley and it was just so ‘right’ from the off. Now I own one.

chunkyktr
    Free Member

Dialled Alpine. Bought the frame off here with the intention of building it for my son. I built it and ‘test rode’ it.

He’s not getting it.

squin
    Free Member

Cotic Soda – original one.

Still regret letting that go.

Tracey

Loved my S Works Enduro, everything felt just right. Was gutted when I came off in the Alps and smashed the frame, after the rebuild it just doesn’t feel the same. Cant put my finger on why.Going to give it to Katie and I’m having a new one built up. Should be ready for my birthday next week.

franki
    Free Member

Kona Cindercone, Klein Pulse Pro, GT Zaskar LE, Genesis Io.(Not my Fortitude SS though, as it was my first 29er and took a bit of adapting to.)

ransos
    Free Member

My Mason Definition. It has an indefinable quality that makes it a total pleasure to ride.

Daffy

MTB: Santa Cruz Chameleon

Road: Litespeed Sienna

soobalias
    Free Member

DIALLED.
    mk2 alpine, then pa classic.
    pretty much identical builds as one followed the other.

faustus

Parkwood for me. Rode a mate’s one around a field and it felt great. Bought my own frame, fork and wheels etc. Fits me just right and rides brilliantly, very versatile. Don’t want or need to change anything on it.

BlobOnAStick

Nukeproof Mega 2011 brilliant from the first pedal turn.

I’ve tweaked things in the subsequent years, but not really because I needed to, just felt like it.

kayla1
    Free Member

This-

I stripped it to build a new FS up (stupid, stupid, stupid) and I’m now going to strip the FS so I can build it back up 😀

2013 Meta 4X frame and shock for sale…

senorj

My P7 fitted like a glove – once i got the next size down…… 😀

justridemtb
    Free Member

3 for me:
    1997 Orange P7 that I bought new and cant part with; Karate Monkey singlespeed – a keeper; and given that I like my bikes of the steel kind, a surprise when I built up a budget Titus Rockstar

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Salsa Vaya.
    Granted, I specced it myself, but yeah, Love it.

Ben_H

Cotic Soul 275 – perfect for my needs.

adsbatts89
    Free Member

Planet X London Road – Specced very well for intended purpose.

scandal42
    Free Member

My Whyte T129 SCR- bought it without a test ride.
    When I got it home and took it out it just felt perfect.

This

Excellent ride

retro83
    Free Member

2008 Commy Meta 5. Crap in a lot of ways but it just felt right to ride.

qwerty
    Free Member

A Sunn Cycloss in chrome, got the frame for £20, wheels £35, cheap build & put in a sub 4hr time in the 3 Peaks (probably my best cycling result, ever!).

And a Gary Fisher Paragon, one of the first bikes with a long top tube & short stem combo.

(pics from google images)

plumber
    Free Member

On One 853 – never feel the need to ride anything else since

having SS and geared versions help though

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Liteville 301 – first proper day out on it early 2014, set the sag and headed for the Lakes.
    Big mountain passes all day and some fairly tough descents = Four KoMs and third place down Rossett Gill!
    Yep, that one just felt right from the first ride. And a 26″ wheel on the back too, who’d have though it!

sneakyg4
    Free Member

My Salsa Horsethief, just feels right in every way, No intention of ever selling.

mattbee

The 26″ Bandit that I sold to Jambo!
    Mind you, the 650b one I replaced it with was the same. Just feels ‘right’ whatever I’m doing on it. For the last 20-odd years I’ve replaced bikes pretty regularly but now I just don’t want to as it does all I want and I’m not sure anything else will be the same. Plus it’s red & every one knows red ones go faster…

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 116 total)

The topic ‘Have you ever had a bike that just feels right from the first pedal turn.?’ is closed to new replies.