Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • have the garage messed up here regisitering my car??
  • renton
    Free Member

I think !!!

when i bought the car in january it had 2 previous owners making me the third.

anyway when sorting out the paperwork the garage stamped the new owner bit and sent it off, i sent off the bit for my car i p/x to say i had sold the car.

last week i had a new v5 in the post , only it wasnt from the dvla it was from the garage i bought the car from, they had registered the car to them instead of me.

so i had to fill in this new v5 to show im the registered owner which has obviously added another previous owner to the car too.

have i got the right to complain?? will it affect when i come to sell the car having another owner on it.

cheers

steve

cp

Not unusual for the delear to pre register cars to make sales forecasts at the end of tue month and then flog on effectively with them as the previous owner. They should have up front about it in the first place though. Did it say something like ‘delivery mileage only’ on the description somewhere?

cp

Ignore me, I’m talking about ‘new’ cars, sounds like you’re talking about a used car?

Xylene
    Free Member

Wasn’t Arnold C**t was it.

That is one of their tricks, also saying the V5 is at another branch so you can’t see it and of course their favourite – not knowing what the APR is, yet they are authorised to sell finance packages.

renton
    Free Member

thanks for the replies.

it was hilton garage in derby.

its a used vauxhall vectra.

do you think i have any comeback on it as there car is now showing an extra owner even though there hasnt been one??

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

If you have paperwork or the original advert showing 2 previous owners, then you could have a case that it has been mis-described. Give Consumer Direct a call and they can advise you of your rights / best course of action.

http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘have the garage messed up here regisitering my car??’ is closed to new replies.