Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Have I bust my hand?
  • nickc

I had a high speed off last night, bent a couple of my fingers right back, hand's very very sore, but I can put my weight on it, so that means it's not bust, right?

I mean this is the best place to ask this, not a Doctor, or anything sensible like that, after all…

BlingBling
    Free Member

It doesn't matter if you can put weight on it only way to tell is an Xray.

Why people spout that BS about "can you bend it?" "then it's not broken" I do not know.

I broke my left leg in 2 places but because I could move my foot aparently it wasn't broken 😕

Went home and took painkillers but woke up the next morning in agony and had to be taken to A&E where Xray confirmed double fracture of the fibula, it looked like a Z shape 😯

Get it Xrayed.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

The usual rule of thumb ( ha ha) is that if you think you have broken it – you haven't. when you have broken it – you know.

Not 100% certain way of doing the diagnosis.

TimP
    Free Member

It will be fine

Just not quite sure why you are putting your weight on it though, you would almost certainly be better off walking on your feet rather than your hands regardless of your crash. It is a very old fashioned view though

BlingBling
    Free Member

TJ that rule works only for pussies.

Can you break a pussie 😯

stumpy01

I broke the bone that goes down to your wedding ring finger while riding and ended up with a spiral fracture.

It was painful & bruised but I could still use it. I went into work the next morning and one of the first aiders looked at it & reckoned it wasn't broken. A bloke who used to race motorbikes saw it and told me to go to hospital straight away as it was definitely broken.

I'd get it X-rayed.

nickc

OK, i'll get it checked out, TimP , getting out of the bath this morning…

BlingBling
    Free Member

stumpy01 I did the same, spiral fracture of middle finger and every man and his medical dog tells you nothing is wrong so you tape it up, as you do, and go out on the lash with he boys as it's the WE then wake up and the finger has now slipped and poining the wrong way.

Down the A&E we go, Xray then operation a couple of days later. 2 screws they put in it, they're still in there.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Broke my collarbone and never knew I had until I had a chest xray for something else and the doctor said "when did you break your collarbone?"…."errrr…I've not"…."you have, look". I'm 'ard me! (Or at least as a teenager I was more often than not bruised and battered and aching from falling off bikes and never noticed an extra pain or two).

Flaperon

I snapped the end off my radius and would have carried on into university had it not been for the police insisting I get it checked out. Three screws and a metal plate later… 😉

nickc

Not bust

Northwind

"The usual rule of thumb ( ha ha) is that if you think you have broken it – you haven't. when you have broken it – you know."

That's what I thought, in fact I continued to think this the first and second time I broke my hands, and so never went to hospital, it was only when I got xrayed the third time that I found out about the previous 2. So, not very good advice.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Have I bust my hand?’ is closed to new replies.