Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Has anyone got a deep fat fryer. . .
  • namastebuzz
    Free Member

Hey I found a picture of the quiche on my phone!

The nerve disorder thing wasn’t too bad. A couple of weeks in the neurology ward and a few months rehab and she’s right as rain. Enjoying delicious crispy fried food too – when she’s not threatening to throw out the fryer if I don’t clean it. Are you supposed to CLEAN them?

Woody
    Free Member

I do live near Stonehaven, home of the deep fried Mars Bar, so maybe it’s maintaining the local tradition

The one up from the supermarket (Bervie Chipper?) does a seriously spicy/hot haggis supper. Absolutely wicked 🙂

Edit: not this one but proof of Stonehaven’s claim to fame!

namastebuzz
    Free Member

The one up from the supermarket (Bervie Chipper?) does a seriously spicy/hot haggis supper.

They used to, until it burnt down.

I think some of the staff may have been for a night out and then decided to have a deep-fry up whilst intoxicated. “Paisley Roulette” I believe it’s known as further south.

Yeah Stoney’s finest invention is the deep fried Mars Bar though I believe of secondary importance in that list is the pneumatic tyre, invented by RW Thomson.

Woody
    Free Member

Burn’t down !!! It was a couple of years since I was there. At least there is no shortage of others to choose from 😉

I could murder a black pudding supper but they don’t seem to have discovered this sublime cooking method 70 miles south of the border.

goldfish24

Why does everyone think they need to go to Argos to buy a fryer? Pan + oil = deep fried goodness.

Also, making batter is an excellent excuse to open another tin. Beer + plain flower + salt = crispy deep fried goodness.

Onions are good, sausages are great, a whole butterflied chicken breast with a touch of cayenne pepper makes a bangin chicken burger when KFC is just too far away.

bigrich

salt and pepper squid. tempura veg. homemade bahjis/samosas. deep fried dim sims.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Deep fried sausage with kebab wrapped around it!

Binners, you truly are scum. Utter, utter scum. 😐

Had Kalamari last night as a starter to me shish kebab in a place on Bethnal Green Road. Tas Firin, on the corner of Chilton St.

I may actually need a deep fat fryer to replicate such wonders in the comfort of my own home.

Yeah Stoney’s finest invention is the deep fried Mars Bar though I believe of secondary importance in that list is the pneumatic tyre, invented by RW Thomson.

😆

_tom_
    Free Member

That deep fried quiche is glorious!

TooTall
    Free Member

Deep fried sausage with kebab wrapped around it! Dear God!!! Surely that represents perfection itself on the way back from the pub?!!!!

Nope – but the kebab meat pizza I used to get when pished was – both of the major food groups in perfect post-pub nutritional harmony!

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Has anyone got a deep fat fryer. . .’ is closed to new replies.