Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Has anyone else had wear issues on fox vanilla's?
  • ti456neal
    Free Member

I have some 2010 post mount 140mm qr15 32 vanilla r’s and they have bad wear on the inside face on the disc side stanchion despite regular servicing. They are over a year old so I’m not gonna worry about warranty etc. I intended to get a new upper leg/crown assembly from mojo, and maybe even take advantage of the kashima upgrade program, but I’ve seen quite a few vanilla’s for sale with exactly the same wear. I’m now worried if I spank near on £200 replacing the top end, it’ll wear through again. It’s a shame, although they are basic, they are 10 times better than my blackbox revelations.
    Does anyone know why this is happening as it only seems to be on the vanillas.

hugh_b
    Free Member

stanchion wear is a common problem on all fox forks, even with the new coating so i’ve been told! I’ve never found a set of fox to feel as nice as any of the rockshox i’ve had but i guess you are comparing coil to air so might be why they feel nicer.

ti456neal
    Free Member

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve been a life long rockshox user, and the vanillas aren’t a match on my old pike teams, but obviously a lot lighter! My revelation teams had no small bump sensitivity though.
    So essentially, I have to replace the uppers and just wait for it to happen again?

markwalker
    Free Member

the new kashmia coating requires a service every 15 hours,not very good so dont go on any long rides .

winrya
    Free Member

Switching to black box revelations I found the biggest change was incredible small bump sensitivity. Maybe yours had s problem but running the neg chamber slightly higher pressure is a tip I’ve often seen from users.

ti456neal
    Free Member

15hours?? That’s almost every week! I did try everything with the revelations, but in the end I lost patience and sold them on. Back to the simplicity of coil!

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Is that servicing seal service every 20hrs and lower rebuild at however many hours that’s meant to be? If so I’d send them back to mojo stating as such. It’s about time Fox said ok we have a problem.

Shorty121
    Free Member

Thats why i’m chaning to marzochi 3 year no service warranty

ti456neal
    Free Member

Warranty is all well an good but if you’re sending your forks back all the time that’s not much fun eh. Valuable riding time wasted.

Shorty121
    Free Member

ti456neal – Yeah I agree with that but if they give long service intervals then they must be confiedent that the product will last.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Has anyone else had wear issues on fox vanilla's?’ is closed to new replies.