Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)
  • Has anyone actually bought anything in the sales today?
  • wukfit
    Free Member

I’ve just ordered a Bell Super 3 helmet for £91.79, not an amazing deal but it was something I actually wanted/needed

Murray

Amazon Fire tablet for the daughter. Seemed like a fair swap.

ton

just ordered some fish and chips for my dinner. 8)

bikebouy
    Free Member

My sanity, it was well cheap.

Pieface

2 shirts, which I needed, for £18 from Debenhams as I was walking back from a meeting.

rossendalelemming
    Free Member

PS4 1TB CoD bundle £229.99 from Smyths Toys, collect it on my way home. Daughter’s birthday present, saved £50. Her birthday was last weekend and we purposely delayed buying it to try and take advantage of any price cuts. The Saved £50 has then been used to buy a couple of games she wanted, which were also discounted and I’m still £10 under budget. This has never happened to me before.

the-muffin-man

Xbox one s

smogmonster

Trek Fuel Ex 9.8 Plus – £1000 off 2017 model!! Getting ready to drop the bomb on a 2017 Orange Crush as well at 15% off. I was going to buy them anyway in the New Year once or house move was sorted, but as they are being discounted this much its rude not to…

sandwicheater

A book for my wife’s birthday. It was not in the sale, humph!

disco_stu
    Free Member

Yes I bought a Korg Volca FM synth for £99

superleggero
    Free Member

Proviz CRS jacket. 20% off plus a free set of small bike lights on the official Proviz site.

TheOtherJamie
    Free Member

An Ituo Wiz3 been umming and arhhing for a while and last nights faff with the current Chinese setup and a tenner off was enough to persuade me.

wwaswas

Coffee machine from John Lewis with £1500 off (no, I don’t think they sold many at the original price) and a Sony camera with £100 off.

joefm

smogmonster – Member

Trek Fuel Ex 9.8 Plus – £1000 off 2017 model!! Getting ready to drop the bomb on a 2017 Orange Crush as well at 15% off. I was going to buy them anyway in the New Year once or house move was sorted, but as they are being discounted this much its rude not to…

Where from?

windyg
    Free Member

I got a Kask Vertigo for £4.85 🙂

footflaps

Nope

darrell
    Free Member

Got a PS4 1TB slim with a free extra controller for 150 GBP off

somafunk

wwaswas : What espresso machine is that?, I was hoping to find a sage dual boiler for a sensible price but the best deal I can anywhere is still £200 over budget,

loddrik
    Free Member

Rab Neutrino Endurance down jacket. 12.05 AM this morning.

angeldust
    Free Member

PS4 1TB CoD bundle £229.99 from Smyths Toys, collect it on my way home. Daughter’s birthday present, saved £50. Her birthday was last weekend and we purposely delayed buying it to try and take advantage of any price cuts. The Saved £50 has then been used to buy a couple of games she wanted, which were also discounted and I’m still £10 under budget. This has never happened to me before.

I’m sure she really appreciated those savings on her Birthday last weekend 😈

kimbers

i bought a new rear light as a backup for commuting was 5.99

its all just more ‘stuff’ in my life I dont need really

beej

Half price Gabba 2 from Wiggle (though I’m sure I could find it elsewhere on another day).

BOGOF on a box of Torq Winter Shandy gels.

Northwind

New sealskinz (not sure if that was a black friday deal or just a good price)

Intercooler for the car (free post deal, was going to order anyway)

****ing ridiculous automatic nerf gun heavy bolter thing, half price + 20% topcashback- this one was a proper black friday impulse buy but I REGRET NOTHING

reformedfatty
    Free Member

I found the best black friday deal yet.. free cake at cyclesurgery (well, free muffins / flapjack / brownies)

Gear cable and a post mount adaptor and the staff invited me to save them from eating it all themselves.. so I dove in.

rossendalelemming
    Free Member

Angeldust – I had a budget, I can’t afford to break my budget. SO the conversation went “you can have X&Y on your birthday, or see if there’s a big discount and get X,Y&Z” she opted for the later and it’s worked out for her. She wants it for the VR helmet which her mum is buying for her and hasn’t been able to source. So there was no rush. Now she’s got some games for it while waiting for her mum to sort the VR out.

I’ve used the money I saved to buy some Sealskinz socks – every one’s a winner, especially my cold wet toes 🙂

siwhite
    Free Member

We bought a couple of Sonos Play 1 speakers to add to our growing collection – saved about £35 each with a voucher from John Lewis. Oh, and a set of Forstner drill bits from Axminster Tools…

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Bought a ‘travel’tripod,I plan on using it when on the MTB or treking.I’d have bought it anyway but as it’s discounted today I decided to buy it now..

fasthaggis

Nope

bearnecessities

Piemonster’s soul.

cb

smogmonster – 15% off where please?

Loddrik – how much for the Rab and where from please?

jam-bo

some of those cheap XT shifters from CRC, which have just been dispatched. guess they arent that busy…

Yak

No. Briefly thought I could get a new helmet cheaply. Wasted 10 minutes finding out I couldn’t.

allthegear
    Free Member

I’m quite impressed by this: http://www.jigsaw-online.com/content/ourfriday

Rachel

angeldust
    Free Member

Angeldust – I had a budget, I can’t afford to break my budget. SO the conversation went “you can have X&Y on your birthday, or see if there’s a big discount and get X,Y&Z” she opted for the later and it’s worked out for her. She wants it for the VR helmet which her mum is buying for her and hasn’t been able to source. So there was no rush. Now she’s got some games for it while waiting for her mum to sort the VR out.

I’ve used the money I saved to buy some Sealskinz socks – every one’s a winner, especially my cold wet toes

It was a joke to make you feel guilty. No need to justify yourself to me. 🙂

Kryton57

New suit & iMac. Not excusively used together 🙂

Finger hovering over a BF CX deal as well… 😯

zilog6128

I’m quite impressed by this: http://www.jigsaw-online.com/content/ourfriday

The only impressive thing about that is the balls it takes to present that anti-consumerist rant and then give you a link where you can spend £159 on a cardigan 🙂

gaidong
    Free Member

WTC Fat Paws grips at 30% off, two pairs coz I’m an Indian deity.

mrblobby
    Free Member

A cheap XT Stages power meter (a couple of days ago but still BF sales) and now a Tacx Neo turbo 😳

dc2.0

Where did you get the Neo? Halfords 10% off plus a potential further 10% off if I collect in store (if they’ll accept my BC card on top of the discounted price) is the best I can see..

beej

A cheap XT Stages power meter (a couple of days ago but still BF sales) and now a Tacx Neo tubro

Nice. If I’d not managed to get my Kickr fixed I’d have got a Neo.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Has anyone actually bought anything in the sales today?’ is closed to new replies.