Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Hardtail fight- Slackline vs. PP Shan
  • nwill1
    Free Member

I’d go for the 631 Slackline above knock him down a bit & invest in a Reverb happy days!

jk1980
    Free Member

I’ve got a shan and am delighted with it. If the trail is pointing downwards then its just incredible, it would utterly destroy previous hardtails that I’ve owned. There’s a review I read in Dirt that convinced me to get it, not sure if its available online or not.

Google images privee shan 917 for some much better images of it.

Having said all this, the slackline is very highly regarded. I’ve not tried one, but I don’t think you’d be disappointed with either really. Again to reference the Dirt article, they said both the Shan and Slackline were the 2 best DH orientated hardtails you could get

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

If you want to actually do some riding on it then it’ll be to small I think. You’ll probably struggle to get the seat high enough aswell

Northwind

If you thought that immense Shan was going to fit, how many small frames do you think will be the right size for you?

timmys

I’m 6’2″, as I think you said you were earlier in the thread, and I ride an 18″ Slackline. I really wouldn’t want to try and fit on a 16.5″.

sharkattack

Yeah you’re probably right. Just annoying that it’s £900 and a 15 minute drive away!

nickc

and has longer chainstays than the slackline, so it loses straight away for me.

Could you really notice 6mm? And if you could, what difference to handling do you expect to see?

kudos100
    Free Member

Could you really notice 6mm? And if you could, what difference to handling do you expect to see?

I expect the slackline will handle like a white unicorn sent from heaven, while the Shan will behave like a three legged nag with a bad temper.

A daft answer for a daft question.

nickc

So, why make the comparison between the bikes?

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Hardtail fight- Slackline vs. PP Shan’ is closed to new replies.