Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • “Hang on, that was him/her??” moments
  • shermer75
    Free Member

Why the surprise – I said that 3 hours ago!!

Because you didn’t say it wiv pitchers, obvs! 😉

bsims
    Free Member

Mr Bronson worked for the Germans on a U-boat and the Empire on a Star Destroyer. Also didn’t Jonny Briggs dad work for the Empire?

I only Noticed Mr Bronson there when I was in the US and fell about laughing, The Americans were very puzzled.

Northwind

Mr Bronson was Hitler. Also Himmler, Hitler, Himmler, Adolf Hitler, Himmler again, and Hitler another time. But never Goering

bodgy
    Free Member

Why the surprise – I said that 3 hours ago!!

Apologies, I missed that.

unovolo
    Free Member

Amazons Sneaky Petes Parole Officer

Theo Huxtable from the Cosby show

He was also in Sons of Anarchy for a short while too.

Cougar

Shaggy from the original scooby doo tv series, voiced by casey kasem, the guy who presented the itv chart show, on a Saturday morning, in the 80s

No he didn’t, it was “American Top 40” (on a Saturday Morning in the 80s).  Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars.  The Chart Show didn’t have a presenter as far as I can remember.

No. But it’s an odd one – because I can see why you confuse the right answer with Nursey. Which in turn makes me think you actually have the right answer but in that case she wasn’t Nursey in Blackadder.

I didn’t look to see who it actually was, that was a remembered “fact” from donkey’s years ago.

shermer75
    Free Member

Mr Bronson worked for…the Empire on a Star Destroyer.

As did Sir Adrian ‘Ade’ of Edmondson

Cougar

Really?  IDNKT.

sweepy
    Free Member

I was watching old music vids on youtube the other day and noticed that the cheerleader in Marylin Manson’s  tainted love was Joy off My name is Earl.

gallowayboy

Seem to remember Tow Waits appeared briefly as a piano playing barfly in one of the Rocky films, and Keith Chegwin was in Roman Polanskis Macbeth……

orena45

This one blew my mind when I found out…

=

deadkenny
    Free Member

Also on a Star Destroyer, this guy

no, this guy

Who’s also been messing about with Germans

and trying to kill Bond

and The Doctor

bumping into The Doctor again

and Blake

shermer75
    Free Member

So…who is it? 😉

llama

Lance from Detectorists

Is the voice of dobby

Drac

Moaning Myrtle from Harry Potter is Gail from Trainspotting.

Cougar

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Adrian_Edmondson

Ah, he’s in a film I’ve not seen yet.  Cheers.

Cougar

no, this guy

So he’s essentially Jeffrey Combs, who’s been in everything you’ve ever watched ever and never noticed (doubly so if you’re a Star Trek fan).  (See also, Mark Sheppard.)

revs1972
    Free Member

Mr Bronson was Hitler. Also Himmler, Hitler, Himmler, Adolf Hitler, Himmler again, and Hitler another time. But never Goering

He was also Herr Grunwald in Auf weidersehn pet

jekkyl

Tucker from Grange Hill was in Eastenders for a time.

bsims
    Free Member

Jonny Brigg’s dad was on eastenders too, but did he work for the Empire?

martymac

Todd carty ( tucker from grange hill) also narrated something or other on tv earlier tonight.

@cougar
    , lol, it was a while ago, hence my mistake

shermer75
    Free Member

who’s been in everything you’ve ever watched ever and never noticed

See also: Bruce Greenwood

senorj

I had the misfortune to watch Gnomeo & Juliet on Monday.

I was sure Ozzy Ozzbourne provided the voice of a deer! wtf.

beanum

Keeping with the Game of Thrones links…

Denis Pennis is Thoros of Myr:

Jerome Flynn is Bron:

jekkyl

also GOT. The charismatic gay guy from that Manchester thing years ago (forget the name, someone help me out)  is little finger, or was.

BadlyWiredDog

Not that I watch Tits And Dragons (saw the first four or five then cancelled sky) but i do know that Ramsay Bolton

… was also, Simon – the time-travelling one – in Misfits. Rose Leslie, who was Ygritte in GoT is Mia in The Good Fight. Matthew Perry cropped up there as an evil lawyer too, he hasn’t aged well.

High level US TV drama is a sort of revolving doors of actors. Angel from Buffy crops up everywhere, Dexter was the hesitant brother in Six Feet Under, but is now a serial killer. Charlie Hunnam, Jax in Sons of Anarchy is pretty much unrecognisable from when he was Nathan in Queer as Folk. Various ‘characters’ – I use the term lightly as the acting was as wooden as Sherwood Forest – from Grimm crop up everywhere if you have a thing for trash TV.

But watching Matthew Perry as a middle-aged, overweight, evil lawyer was surreal. Still, at least he’s not presenting Top Gear, How on earth did that happen?

unovolo
    Free Member

The charismatic gay guy from that Manchester thing years ago (forget the name, someone help me out)  is little finger

Your thinking of ‘Queer as Folk’, Aidan Gillen(centre below) is the man you want, which leads onto Charlie Hunnam(left below) who was also in Queer as folk, who is also Jax Teller in SOA

beej

Following the QaF/SoA (and don’t forget Aiden Gillen was the Mayor of Baltimore in the Wire), there’s a Trainspotting/Grey’s Anatomy one.

Northwind

Ah, now it makes sense! I wondered why, at the end of Pacific Rim, Charlie Hunnam passes up the incredibly obvious moment where he’s supposed to kiss Rinko Kikuchi

“Denis Pennis is Thoros of Myr”

That’s a good ‘un.

Viewing 30 posts - 41 through 70 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘“Hang on, that was him/her??” moments’ is closed to new replies.