Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)
  • “Hang on, that was him/her??” moments
  • Kahurangi

Just realised (thanks to a promo on 6Music) that Cillian Murphy wasn’t just

in The Wind that Shakes the Barley,

and Scarecrow in the Nolan Batman films..

but was also the protagonist in 28 Days Later… I honestly had no idea. I suppose he looks quite different and his voice & mannerisms are different…. you might even call it acting.

have you had a similar moment with another actor or actress?

colournoise

Conversely, when I first saw Batman Begins I thought “Wow! Cillian Murphy from 28 Day Later is playing The Scarecrow”.

Other than that, a tablet, the internet and IMDB amkes this game too easy…

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

Huh. Totally hadn’t clocked that was him in 28 days later.

I had actually already had him down as someone that I didn’t really notice in films – but I mean that in the best possible way – like you said, it means he has a really different persona in his different roles.

Kahurangi

Other than that, a tablet, the internet and IMDB amkes this game too easy…

Well yes, but i’m asking when this has actually happened in real life.

I had actually already had him down as someone that I didn’t really notice in films – but I mean that in the best possible way – like you said, it means he has a really different persona in his different roles.

Exactly, and that’s I think a testament to be a decent actor. some “good” actors you’ll notice far more than the character they’re playing and it can pull you out of the zone when watching a film. It’s impossible to see Tom Hanks in a film without noticing, “oh, that’s Tom Hanks”.

Another one would be John Goodman. I absolutely missed that he was Walter in The Big Lebowski 🙂

dmorts

I had actually already had him down as someone that I didn’t really notice in films

Complete opposite for me, he seems to be everywhere…..

As for “hang on isn’t that…” happens a lot when watching any Scandi noir series. I think they have pool of about 5 actors

BobaFatt
    Free Member

This guy in Altered Carbon

Was

It’s obvious now

DezB
    Free Member

I was watching Girl With a Pearl Earring the other week. And this young butcher fella didn’t half remind me of Thomas Shelby off of Peaky Blinders 🙂

But yeah, I usually just grab the iPad and fire up IMDB if in doubt.

I had no idea the blue alien woman in Guardians of the Galaxy was thingy out of Dr Who. Til I saw her name in the credits anyway.

Image result for karen gillan guardians

jekkyl

Varserys Targaeron (spelling?) the one given the golden crown was also in the Stephen Hawking movie and the Maggie Thatcher movie playing a young Dennis, he’s really quite good.

IdleJon

Complete opposite for me, he seems to be everywhere…..

+1. He’s a very distinctive looking man. Good actor but always looks like Cillian Murphy. (No surprise! 😁 )

Cougar

Wilson Fisk (Kingpin) in the recent Daredevil TV series

was Private Pyle in Full Metal Jacket

Cougar

A bit niche this one, but I spent about a third of the game playing Assassin’s Creed: Black Flag going “I know that voice”

when the penny dropped, it was Matt Ryan from Constantine

Northwind

Game of Thrones (and other HBO series) are pretty good for this. Wait, that’s Paddy Garvey murdering people! That’s Sasha from Hollyoaks giving birth to a shadow devilly thing! And the other way round, ZOMG, who let Schillinger work in a school? Every time Scott Winters appears in anything, I expect someone to get horribly murdered in the gym, he was the only person in Borgia who was taking a step back from more awful characters.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

The guy who plays the President of America on BBC News24 is the same guy who did the Apprentice.

IdleJon

That’s Sasha from Hollyoaks giving birth to a shadow devilly thing!

Clarice van Houten? Never in Hollyoaks according to Wikipedia? Or were there other shadowy devilly births?

4130s0ul
    Free Member

Cougar, he was also in Men in Black as earl/the bug

theotherjonv

There can be only one winner

Image result for numbertaker white walker

also known as…..

Image result for numbertaker white walker

theotherjonv

oh, and if we’re doing voice overs this one will royally **** you over

Image result for caramel bunny

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Googled………well that’ll kill your boner

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m terrible at this.

But I did spot that the Sheriff in the new Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated show was voiced by the guy who does Joe Swanson in Famiy Guy.  Then, that very same evening, I realised he’s also Lemony Snicket in the Netflix series.

gnusmas

Realised the other week that Torres from NCIS is the voice of Handy Manny and is also Fez from That 70s Show.

Also, a couple of months ago that Mandy Patinkin (Inigo Montoya from The Princess Bride) is Jason Gideon from Criminal Minds!

Cougar

Cougar, he was also in Men in Black as earl/the bug

I did not know that.  Great thread.

Nursey from Blackadder, wasn’t it?

Rorschach
    Free Member

Mandy Patinkin (Inigo Montoya from The Princess Bride)

No way!!!

Cougar

Also, a couple of months ago that Mandy Patinkin (Inigo Montoya from The Princess Bride) is Jason Gideon from Criminal Minds!

He was the lass’s boss in Dead Like Me too.

martymac

Shaggy from the original scooby doo tv series, voiced by casey kasem, the guy who presented the itv chart show, on a Saturday morning, in the 80s

lucky7500

But I did spot that the Sheriff in the new Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated show was voiced by the guy who does Joe Swanson in Famiy Guy.  Then, that very same evening, I realised he’s also Lemony Snicket in the Netflix series.

And he’s most known to a lot of people as Puddy (Elaine’s boyfriend) from Seinfeld!!

theotherjonv

He was the lass’s boss in Dead Like Me too.

And Saul Berenson in Homeland

And was also the Original Che* in Broadway Evita.

Nursey from Blackadder, wasn’t it?

No. But it’s an odd one – because I can see why you confuse the right answer with Nursey.  Which in turn makes me think you actually have the right answer but in that case she wasn’t Nursey in Blackadder.

* which leads to another ‘no way!’.  Che Guevara was a nom de guerre. His real name was Ernie Lynch (courtesy Danny Baker at the weekend). And Che is a nickname too, it’s sort of Spanish for ‘errr’ because he used to constantly umm and err when speaking.

Northwind

“Clarice van Houten? Never in Hollyoaks according to Wikipedia? Or were there other shadowy devilly births?”

Ah you’re right, I got my Mellisandres mixed up with my Missandeis. Classic error.

IdleJon

Ah you’re right, I got my Mellisandres mixed up with my Missandeis. Classic error.

And I realised that who you meant not long after I posted!

Northwind

Kate from Lost as an elf, that bothered my suspension of disbelief slightly more than the bit where they poured all that gold on the dragon

deadkenny
    Free Member

One that got me recently. Doctor Who (Peter Capaldi) in Vicar of Dibley.

Despite having seen that episode many times probably, but long ago. Never made the connection until seeing a repeat recently.

Northwind

You know what’s bothers me?

Peter Capaldi, the Crow Road, 1996:

Peter Capaldi, today:

Time has passed. But Joe McFadden, 1996:

Joe McFadden, today:

What is going on here?

nedrapier

My wife, at the very end of The Bourne Legacy, having spent over two (2) hours watching this man

chasing, hitting, shooting, and being chased, hit and shot at, turned and asked me:

“So what happened to the guy with the beard at the beginning?”

TheFlyingOx

“So what happened to the guy with the beard at the beginning?”

Ha. My wife did exactly the same.

I asked her if she thought there was anything special about Bruce Wayne or Clark Kent and she just got in a huff.

The odd realisation for me was that McManus from Battlefield 1

Is an actual person who also played Maguire in Peaky Blinders

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Evil Dr Arnim Zola from Captain America

Lance from Detectorists

I think we should be told.

nbt

Not that I watch Tits And Dragons (saw the first four or five then cancelled sky) but i do know that Ramsay Bolton

Is also that nice boy Ash from upstairs in Vicious

stevious

Dangermouse and Count Duckula were both voiced by Del Boy.

bodgy
    Free Member

Inigo Montoya (“You killed my father; prepare to die”)

is also Saul Berenson from Homeland.

matt_outandabout

Inigo is Saul…oh my word….

shermer75
    Free Member

Emilia Clarke is both Daenerys Tarragon

And Louisa Clark in ‘Me Before You’

theotherjonv

Inigo is Saul…oh my word….

Why the surprise – I said that 3 hours ago!!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 70 total)

The topic ‘“Hang on, that was him/her??” moments’ is closed to new replies.