Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Half-Link Chains
  • nuke

How do you tell when they are worn out? Is it the same principle as a normal chain and therefore I just use my chain wear indicator?

I put the chain wear indicator on and it’s showing over 1.0% stretch but the chain is only about 2 months old.

jonba
    Free Member

I heard a anecdotal evidence that they do stretch more but that seems really quick.

I don’t see why it would be difference from a normal chain though, the construction of the bits that wear is the same.

Was it onto an old setup? WOrn sprockets on a singlespeed would cause quick chainwear.

I don’t normally check chain wear and just run them for about 12 months. Having said that the plates on mine snapped on Thursday and I had to limp home so maybe not the best advice.

I’d be interested in a proper answer.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I had one on my bmx. I used it for about 2 weeks and it stretched loads. I took a (half) link out and its been fine since.

nuke

A little search around the internet suggests they do stretch more but then I always thought stretched = worn and therefore will need replacing.

Was it onto an old setup?

Old setup but not that old. Being used with an Alfine

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Half-Link Chains’ is closed to new replies.