Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Haggle on top of Scrap Scheme
  • benmotogp46
    Free Member

I think I’m close to purchasing a bike and most likely from Evans.

RRP is £4000 but with the Scrap Scheme discount it will come down to £3650.

I also have the option to buy corporate vouchers which are discounted by 8% to use against the outstanding balance as means of payment which will again, lower the cost slightly.

My question is, as there is already a discount offered by the Scrapage scheme, is it worth trying to negotiate a lower price against the RRP or to be more realistic, ask if they would be willing to throw in an extra like a helmet, shoes, tyres, etc?

I had this chat with a friend who seemed to think it’s worth a go, rather than ordering in store without asking or going through the Click&Collect option.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

My question is, as there is already a discount offered by the Scrapage scheme, is it worth trying to negotiate a lower price or to be more realistic, ask if they would be willing to throw in an extra like a helmet, shoes, tyres, etc?

Nothing comes for free, I might expect a discount on the extras but you ge that through corporate to start with – I will depend how the maths goes but scrapage is a discount by another term, also how much do evans contribute to your corp %?

They will have the numbers they will go to but depends if you can get a person who can make a decision .

benmotogp46
    Free Member

The corporate is via a perks website.

Eg. I’d purchase vouchers for outstanding balance of the bike after the discount and get 8% off of that price (if that makes sense).

benmotogp46
    Free Member

I’d get the deal by ordering online or in store but thought if dealing with a shop assistant, they may have the discretion for a slightly better deal.

riddoch

I doubt you’ll get very much if anything,  you do realise that you are dealing with a chain and that very few staff will have any authority to discount anything? Computer says no unless price matching quite a small set of stores.

If you are looking at a brand that available elsewhere such Scott and it was the genius 730 you should be able to get then to price match tredz at 3119. I doubt they will do the scrapage scheme as well though

benmotogp46
    Free Member

To be honest, I’m quite happy with the discounts as they are but, if you’re spending a lot of money, you may as well look to get as much as you can I guess….

mcnultycop

Evans price match; I’m not sure if that helps though.

doomanic

5% cash back at Quidco for Evans cycles, includes click and collect.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The corporate is via a perks website.

Eg. I’d purchase vouchers for outstanding balance of the bike after the discount and get 8% off of that price (if that makes sense).

In which case Evans will probably pay to be on the site so that is money they are already giving away.

benmotogp46
    Free Member

I’ve just done some numbers and worked out that offer would save an additional £185.

the only downside is it’s all going on a 0% credit card so will need to be a proper purchase.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Haggle on top of Scrap Scheme’ is closed to new replies.