Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Had collarbone plate and hook removed…
  • rewski
    Free Member

…phew, that’s much better, starting to feel human again.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Mine’s been in for the last 4.5 years now. Can’t remember what it was like to feel human anymore? But that’s ok, cos I’m part titanium now.. 😀

Milky
    Free Member

I’ve had mine for ten years now, never found it a problem. How come you had yours removed?

rewski
    Free Member

It was just a temporary one, I had a displaced broken clavicle, the hook end would catch internally everytime I extended or raised my arm.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Got my CT scan today to see if I can have mine removed 🙂

Thought there is a danger of hooked ones causing damage if left in as they interfere with tendons, etc. Saw an x-ray on the net where someones hook had worked its way right through the bone it was hooked under and popped out the top!

rewski
    Free Member

I was going to say tendons but wasn’t sure, bloomin uncomfortable. Thank god for company private health cover, well worth the money if you can afford it.

Mark_K

I’ve had my plate and bone graft in for about 4 1/2 weeks now and although the pain has totally gone i find it realy uncomfortable and kinda itchy !!! Does it get any better or do you just get used to it ??
    I’m out for my first ride since the opp on Thursday and I know I wont be able to wear a pack, not the end of the world on a local loop but I’m worried its going to be a problem on longer rides in the summer!

RobHilton
    Free Member

although the pain has totally gone i find it realy uncomfortable and kinda itchy !!! Does it get any better or do you just get used to it ??

Luck of the draw I think – had mine out cos it hurt (poss contracted slightly) with large temperature drops; gradual temp drops didn’t affect it.
    6 years on and I can’t wear a seatbelt properly, get weird tingly itchy feeling or distant numbness with anything touching it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Had collarbone plate and hook removed…’ is closed to new replies.