Home Forums Chat Forum Guitarists of Singletrack…

• This topic has 3,843 replies, 164 voices, and was last updated 4 hours ago by chipps.
Viewing 4 posts - 3,841 through 3,844 (of 3,844 total)
  • Guitarists of Singletrack…
  • chipps

Thanks @eddiebaby – I used to buy that mag religiously in the eighties/nineties but cleared them out when I moved. Picked a random download an found Hotel California! I’d better get practising… :-)

Ro5ey
    Free Member

“Not the Eagles man !!”

eddiebaby
    Free Member

@chipps No problem. Seems useful seeing as the UK guitar mags have all published their last print editions…

Anywayts, yesterday I popped down to Haselmere and picked up this bargain.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/54071897078_1ae47fd1f2_k.jpg

It’s a Hamer XT Special Jnr. Obviously Hamer’s take on the Gibson DC.

Great condition. At some point the veneer on the front of the headstock got damaged (there is a bit of wear on the very end of the guitar) so the headstock had a quick re-fin, but everything plays great. A change of strings and some dubbin on the fingerboard and it’ll be a good un.

Just need to source a Hamer decal. And maybe some black veneer to get it back to original spec.

chipps

That’s nice, @eddiebaby ! What’s the weight like? I’ve felt some chunky Hamers in the past. I do love a double-cut Junior though. I used to have an Edwards in TV Yellow, which was fab (and I regret selling…) – though it looks strange seeing a two-piece bridge on yours.

I do keep looking at the Epiphone versions of the Billy Joe Armstrong white single cut Junior… but then there seem to be a few Gibson Junior bargains out there too. (Not that I need more guitars right now…) :-)

Viewing 4 posts - 3,841 through 3,844 (of 3,844 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.