• This topic has 3,696 replies, 156 voices, and was last updated 8 hours ago by 10.
Viewing 17 posts - 3,681 through 3,697 (of 3,697 total)
  • Guitarists of Singletrack…
  • ceepers

@scapegoat there will be lots of things that will do it but the joyo amp sim pedals sound good and can be picked up on eBay for £40 or so

https://www.joyoaudio.co.uk/amplifier-simulation/

Run as last pedal on a board and plug straight into your mixer. I’m assuming your mixer has a built in power amp or sends to a separate power amp that feeds the speakers and amplifies everything you send to the mixer ( your bass, vocals etc)  You won’t need a separate power amp for the guitar

Scapegoat

Thanks very much, plenty to go at there, mainly confirming he doesn’t need a power amp pedal.  Those Joyo pedals are great vfm too. I use a few of their bits and pieces (multi-power supplies etc) and rate them.

Scapegoat

@ceepers

The Joyo American Sound pedals are 30 quid new on Amazon! They review well as brilliant vfm, and a day spent checking out the mass of videos on Youtube show they do a great job  so we’ll get one of those and a DI box and have a play.

ceepers

Perfect!! Yeah they are supposed to be very good!

I used to have one of the AC tone ones which was great but ultimately i bought a real vox valve amp so sold it on!

chipps

I know a few of us on here have PRS SE guitars. Amazon have the SE locking tuners at £81 currently, £18 cheaper than Andertons.

Dammit! I only have one SE now  (a Hollowbody) and that’s already been upgraded with locking tuners. It’s a great upgrade BTW…

plumber
    Free Member

I had all the Joyo pedals at one time – only kept the American tone

Bought the tech21 blonde its was based on and didnt like it at all

or its type the UA ruby is the best overall i’ve found if a little bit more expensive

plumber
    Free Member

I’ve just read the bit about church, youll be needing a delay as well, I’d go for strymon Dig :0)

Scapegoat

I’ve just read the bit about church, youll be needing a delay as well, I’d go for strymon Dig :0)

you should have seen the look on the organist’s face when I played a bass intro with octave, muff  and synth pedal engaged …….. 🤟🏼

surfer
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend a low cost microphone that I can link to my phone (android) I am a novice and have no aspirations but do want to learn to play and sing just for my own enjoyment. I want to record myself (acoustic guitar) just to help me improve my playing and timing but just using the mic on my phone is rubbish. Don’t want to to splash out much to begin with and not after top quality sound just enough to make it clear. Thanks!

simondbarnes

I got one of these last year, seems to do the job but I’m sure there are cheaper options that would work too.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09B3LJVFJ

surfer
    Free Member
    chipps

Well, my brief career as a French rock guitarist hero is back on ice again. Just had an apologetic text from the singer, saying that the drummer and bassist have put the band on hold and cancelled the gig in June. Presumably, they were worried that I wouldn’t get to master all of the (complicated) tunes in time (I’m in the UK for three weeks right now, so obviously no time to rehearse with them). Boo!

Ahh well, it has, at the very least, forced me to do a great amount of playing practice, ear-learning a load of tunes and sharpening up my ‘live’ rig.
    I’ll just have to get out and find my dream gig elsewhere…

Anyone want to buy some silver sparkle platform boots and some Spandex trousers? 🙂

simondbarnes

Oh that’s a shame Chipps. Hope you find another one 🙂

I’m being badgered to play at an open mic on Thursday. Will see if I can find some confidence before then (or just drink a load of beer)

chipps

Where are you playing, Simon? I’m in Tod on Thursday/Friday… I can come along and cheer. Or play rhythm for you… 🙂

In other news… I’m shortly going to be ebaying my TC Electronic Plethora X5 and a Victory Copper V4 preamp pedal. Anyone want me to chuck them on the Classifieds instead?

simondbarnes

In Macc. I wouldn’t recommend it Chipps 😅

I’m unsure if this has been asked here before, so I’ll ask in case. Do you attach your strap to your guitar with the ladder lock facing out or facing backward?
    I’m facing backward camp, so I, of course, think that is correct. It’s deviant behavior to have it forwards 🙂

Viewing 17 posts - 3,681 through 3,697 (of 3,697 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.