• This topic has 148 replies, 88 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Nick.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 149 total)
  • Guilty pleasures – Bad films that you like.
  • robdob
    Free Member

Oh I feel the shame coming on now;

Miss Congeniality 1 and 2 (I have box set)
    Cannonball Run – my favourite film ever! “Because you’re small. S M All!!”
    Dukes of Hazzard
    Bring it On
    Any of the Dirty Harry films after the first (which was known as excellent but I I love all 5)

Harry_the_Spider

Is it wrong for a man to like Grease?

yes.

Harry_the_Spider

yes.

[edit]

Double post just to underline the wrongness of likeing Grease.

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Happy Gilmore, Joe Dirt and Hot Rod are 3 of my top four films (does Lord of the Rings count as a bad film?).

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Haha, I totally forgot about D.A.R.Y.L.

I like Crank and Crank 2, they should be terrible but are too mad not to like.

DezB
    Free Member

I had a very sad moment this morning and this thread has cheered me right up 🙂

Now I must think of a crap film I like!
    Er, does Tremors count?

I don’t think so, cos Fred Ward just doesn’t do crap films.

jimmers
    Free Member

An absolute classic…

Cut to the scene where the camera pans out showing a chainsaw reved up and ready for action attached to the chap’s handless arm (his hand was eaten by a zombie). Whilst locking ‘n’ loading a sawn off shotgun in readiness to deal pain to zombies with the immortal line, “groovy”.

Edit: image got a bit a skewed

grievoustim
    Free Member

Butch Cassidy
    Blues Brothers
    Princess Bride
    Escape From New York
    American Werewolf in London

are in no way shape or form “guilty pleasures” – they are all cast iron classics

real guilty pleasures

Con Air (as already stated by many)
    Flashdance (love Kevin Bacon’s “angry dancing” scene)
    Rocky 3 and 4 (not seen the later ones so can’t comment on those)
    Armagedon
    The films of Clif Richard

richmtb

Sorry Ghostbusters is not a guilty pleasure, it is also a classic

Charlies Angels on the other hand…

Cameron Diaz dancing in her pants

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

DezB – you need a hug?

nbt

ooh yes – most Jason Statham films – I love Transporter and Transporter 2, have got Transporter 3 on the PVR ready to watch when I have chance

Jimmers – Evil Dead 2?

footflaps

I don’t think Bring it on is a guilty pleasure? Great film.

I’d go for

Starship Troopers
    Roadhouse

DezB
    Free Member

DezB – you need a hug?

Wouldn’t know what to do with it.

jimmers
    Free Member

nbt – Oh yes!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

DezB – You could give it to a cute girl in your office?

DezB
    Free Member

If only! I’ll have to go upstairs to Finance 🙂

willard

After a bit of searching through my old VHSs, I came up with:

Surf Nazis Must Die
    The Kentucky Fried Movie
    Howard The Duck

Pembo
    Free Member

The Bond films with Roger Moore. 😳

2tyred

Coming to America.
    House Party.

I have watched these so many many times. Mrs Tyred is a proper arthouse cinema lover and has always despaired of the high regard in which I hold these two films.

Others have said it already, but IN NO WAY could the Cannonball Run or Butch Cassidy be considered “bad films”.

senorj

Anything with Steven Seagal in it +1.
    All Bruce Willis films.Especially Die Hards.

My deep dark secret though that the missus has recently discovered is
    “The Devil Wears Prada” , love it ,darling.
    I think the lady in it is Ann Hathaway – beautiful.

McHamish
    Free Member

yes.

Oh dear….

I don’t actually like it obviously. I was just kidding, obviously. I like Terminator and other manly films….ahem.

Cougar

I can’t help but notice that a lot of these “guilty pleasures” are dancing films. Flashdance, Dirty Dancing, Bring it On. I’d definitely stick the latter down as a guilty pleasure, though that’s largely because I’d happily pay the price of admission to watch Eliza Dushku eat crisps for 90 minutes, let alone have her prance about in a cheerleader outfit.

I’ll fight anyone who thinks that Escape from New York or The Princess Bride are ‘guilty’ pleasures, they’re both awesome and you should be proud, not guilty. Snake Plissken is the best anti-hero *ever*, Kurt Russell’s finest moment (and that includes kicking in Goldie Hawn’s back doors). As for TPB; there used to be a movie quotes database on the web forever ago, on the home page it stated that TPB was banned from the site on the grounds that the entire movie is quotable.

Would Highlander count as a guilty pleasure? It’s one of my favourite films, but it’s cheesy as a gorgonzola fondue with extra cheese, it hasn’t aged too well (possibly because of the cheese), and every sequel has been Grim Factor 9, Mr Sulu. Highlander: There Should Have Been Only One.

trailmonkey

Right turn Clyde

lipseal
    Free Member

Pound land special…

mrfox
    Free Member

binners

Trailmonkey! Go and stand in the corner. You can’t dis Any Which Way…

That’s an all time classic!!!! Right down to the comedy cartoon sounds whenever anyone gets punched in the fight scenes 🙂

trailmonkey

i thought it was just me 😀 i sit giggling through the whole thing, whilst mrs tm shoots withering glances at my childish sniggerings.

anokdale
    Free Member

Oh **** i like Dirty Dancing, and Trailmonkey anything with Clint Eastwood is classic, fact. A Few Dollars More, Outlaw Jose Wells etc etc i rest my case.

Roger Moore as Bond noooooooooooooooo it is not right. I like to think MI6 were in relaxing of recruiting standards mode when he got selected and the Nation was under so significant threat, even “Q” and Miss Monepenny thought he was a knob, you can tell in their eyes, look next time its on.

binners

Not at all. Me and my mates, when young and stupid, all got completely obsessed with it. We all had big motorbikes and had Black Widow’s spidersweb stickers somewhere on the bike as a piss-take.

Tattoos were even suggested. Thak god we never did it!

Them pesky widows!! 😉

DezB
    Free Member

Would Highlander count as a guilty pleasure?

Yes, in my book. Only film I’ve walked out of. Garbage! (yes, I made it to the end of Con-Air!)

Cougar

I think perhaps there’s mileage in a “worst ‘big’ film I’ve ever seen” thread…?

jp-t853

Has no-one mentioned Coyote Ugly.

Missus knew I had a free choice film on my hotel when staying away years ago on business. I had to tell her everything about the film I watched and it was the above and not ‘When the Cats Away’.

Shred
    Free Member

Starship Troopers
    SpaceBalls

chakaping
    Free Member

Butch Cassidy
    Blues Brothers
    Princess Bride
    Escape From New York
    American Werewolf in London

are in no way shape or form “guilty pleasures” – they are all cast iron classics

Agreed, and I’d like to add Bring It On to that list too.

Guilty Pleasure? Maybe a tiny bit guilty, but in no way bad – it’s hilarious (and quite pleasant to look at).

I was goign to say The Transporter, but it’s actually really good – so maybe The Transporter 2 – that was a bit silly.

robgarrioch

He did that in Footloose too 😉

grievoustim
    Free Member

He did that in Footloose too

well spotted I meant Footloose (it was on TV recently), I also enjoy the “playing chicken very slowly in tractors scene” – although the welding / dance mash-up in Flashdance deserves a mention too.

afrothunder88

Can’t believe it took until page 3 to mention Starship Troopers.

House Party is a classic though.

sadmadalan

What concerns me more than anything else is the number of films on this thread that I have watched and enjoyed! Must make an effort to see the Princess Bride at some point to catch up with the rest of the forum.

Add a new one – Mary Poppins!

Bimbler
    Free Member

Sorry I like all the Matrix movies

and to continue the dancing theme

a genuine so bad it’s good masterpiece

Xylene
    Free Member

When Freddy Got Fingered.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 149 total)

The topic ‘Guilty pleasures – Bad films that you like.’ is closed to new replies.