Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • GT, Spooky Wood, ice and a tree/thigh interface scenario
  • rickmeister

Just tootling around the red today and had a proper “off” about a third of the way down Spooky Wood…. its a section with two jumps over rock edges after a right hand bend. The first is small, the second a bit bigger and then the trail goes left after landing.

Going pretty well, over the first, then the second to land on a ribbon of ice that continued around the corner. So thats me, going pretty quick on the ice heading for the corner and unable to do anything. So its straight on, through a load of brashings to land with my thigh having clattered a tree stump. This ended the day with the mother of all deadlegs.

Scary thing is, looking round the landing zone the brashings were all sharp and pointy. Riding through this sort of stuff is my least favorite, stick through a wheel, over the bars and spiked….. I think I got off lightly tbh, could have been impaled or poked an eye out… not the first at that spot by the look of it….

Oh and the ice free line is on the left……….

pixelmix
    Free Member

I think I know the jump you mean. Had an arse clenching moment myself there today too. I saw the ice early enough to slow down and stick a foot down whilst on it (foot slipped but I managed to stay upright), but my friend sailed straight across it and into the bushes on the right. 😯

Diane
    Free Member

Yeah think i know where you mean – was warned about it and warned others – but obviously not you 🙁 It was the same in that spot last year.
    Didn’t actually go up there myself

pixelmix
    Free Member

Easy to get caught out, as there was little ice anywhere else on the descents (apart from the berm near the end of spooky which I crawled round). Thankfully I don’t travel fast enough on the rigid bike to get in any real trouble. 🙂

Prophet2
    Free Member

Was there yesterday as well. Just as I was about to ride through that section but fortunately there was a Forest Ranger standing there so he shouted me a warning about the ice. Otherwise I could have had a similar off 🙁

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘GT, Spooky Wood, ice and a tree/thigh interface scenario’ is closed to new replies.