• This topic has 130 replies, 58 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by ro.
Viewing 11 posts - 121 through 131 (of 131 total)
  • Group riders… a new generation of ramblers. With wheels.
  • ro
    Free Member

yes, the north is a bit leery. it's the drugs, babe. but you could have bad luck anywhere remote in asia if you run into those guys. thing is, they don't want the hassle any more than you do. just be sensible and don't go where you're advised not to go.

the area is around oudom xai. i know there's an airport served by lao air nearby, but the drive up from luang prabang is super-cool, though you'll already know that 🙂

green discovery are the best for mtb tours around LP, Vientiane and Vang Vieng. good guys, good kit, though they happily leave slow riders behind to fend for themselves.

i'm off to scout a new area about 25 k's outside nha trang on wednesday if i can get a flight. remote in a designated eco-area. looks really good on paper. if you're in hcmc give me yell and you can come. at least aussies have sense of humour 🙂

scu98rkr
    Free Member

Your point that MTB is starting to resemble the ramblers as the demographic both widens and ages, is possible valid

Your point that this is a totally negative development is clearly just a personal opinion and is not a statement that can be quantitatively tested to be true or false.

Also dont you think compasses are a bit complicated ? Surely you can use the Sun/Stars/Wind/PlantGrowthPatterns to work out which way is north ?

ro
    Free Member

you are in grave danger of bringing this debate down to the level of a sensible discussion. please desist.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

you are in grave danger of bringing this debate down to the level of a sensible discussion

rest assured that cannot happen while people are advocating flying to "sustainable" activities…

ro
    Free Member

depends how you define 'sustainable'.

it's sustainable for the lao if people visit, spend $'s and time with them. it's sustainable if it educates rather than destroys. it's sustainable if it enhances opportunity and encourages growth and diversity. it's sustainable if it preserves a culture and tradition in a meaningful form.

it's not sustainable if you stress over carbon emissions from airbus 340's

shorts_in_winter
    Free Member

at least aussies have sense of humour

I`m a pom, but not so easily offended :-)…. Keen to explore up there too tho, some amazing looking countryside in Thailand too that i would love to explore, although must remember to where something other than yellow or red!

amodicumofgnar

Barbour wearing technology fearing nanny state obsesed non dom wants to ban the unwashed from the countryside thread – who let the mail reader in?

shorts_in_winter
    Free Member

Bloody hell, did i really type that last post.. i must be tired!

ro
    Free Member

if you head up to northern thailand i'd wear nothing BUT red. unless the army's about 🙂

Rorschach
    Free Member

Could'nt bothered reading anything after the 2nd post but……Well bloomin said Ro,you ain't to far from the truth.

ro
    Free Member

people simply need to read my first post and nod in silent agreement.

all the replies are nonsense.

Viewing 11 posts - 121 through 131 (of 131 total)

The topic ‘Group riders… a new generation of ramblers. With wheels.’ is closed to new replies.