• This topic has 15 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by IWH.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Grease gun for Chris King BB
  • ace_sparky
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend one together with some good grease to go with the injector tool.

Thanks all.

peteimpreza

i got my BB from Aspirevelotech and got the Phil Wood grease gun at the same time. The grease is included.

Phil Wood

BB
    CK Tools

MrNutt
    Free Member

pete you big tart!! 😆

go on, whats it like? my LBS produced one from under the counter the other day, telling me it was the only they had, should I go for it?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    peteimpreza

Jealousy will get you nowhere MrNutt ! 😉

To coin the local vernacular it’s gert lush.

Smooth as a very smooth thing and blingtastic in gold.

Also buying from the above mentioned site was pain free and did not attract any un-wanted attention from Her Majestys Government.

ace_sparky
    Free Member

What’s the grease gun fitting like on the injection tool? It looks like a ball and socket type which Isn’t like the type on the grease guns sold at CRC etc.

peteimpreza

I’ll go check and report back.

ace_sparky
    Free Member

many thanks 🙂

sheldona
    Free Member

Oh mother of god not more gold stuff on the scalpel Pete, will have to get darker lenses on my sunnies next time I join you guys!

Ordered my King BB and Tool last week so fingers crossed it’ll be here soon, although the frame is still many weeks away 🙁

peteimpreza

What colour?

sheldona
    Free Member

Cough………..

peteimpreza

Right the injector tool has a proper grease nipple which snap fits in to the end of the grease gun.

ace_sparky
    Free Member

So you would need a special grease gun which would fit the nipple on the injector 😯

peteimpreza

Yes. But I think its a standard nipple not CK specific.

singlespeedstu

So you would need a special grease gun

No you just need a bog standard grease gun to fit a bog standard grease nipple.

ace_sparky
    Free Member

Cheers, just read on the www that the injector comes with two sets of nipples for different guns 🙄

IWH
    Free Member

Oh no, Chris King provide TWO choices of attachments to make sure you’re not left in the lurch. Pure evil. Will they never stop scheming? 🙄

Possibly a silly question but did you use a standard HT2 fitting tool or the CK one? Just wondering about the potential for marking the alloy.

Yes. I’m a tart.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Grease gun for Chris King BB’ is closed to new replies.