Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Gravity 3D..…..is it as good as they say it is?
  • batfink
    Free Member

I thought casting Ed Harris as the voice of mission control was genius…… since Apollo 13, that’s what “Houston” sounds like

z1ppy

Good god we were terrified & totally buzzing by the end, really really enjoyed it, forget credibility. Never seen a 3D film that worked before, this one did

the_lecht_rocks

I’m with zippy, brilliant fun and what cinema was invented for IMHO..

Nick

My wife thought it was a be meh and the kids were a bit scared.

I loved it though 🙂

binners

Saw it on Saturday and thought it was bloody brilliant! Surely nobody goes to watch films like this expecting credibility of a plot? Oh…. Hang on a minute…. Forgot where I was there for a minute 😉

kendo954
    Free Member

Do you get shares in the cinema at those prices?

Seen it in 3d yesterday for £5 each

Enjoyed it 🙂

PrinceJohn

My wife thought it was a be meh and the kids were a bit scared.

So the kids loved it as well?

choppersquad
    Free Member

Ok….can someone explain “chebs” to me?

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I saw it on Imax yesterday and really enjoyed it.

I think watching it in 2D would lose some, er, dimension. The ISS scenes were incredible; it really wouldn’t be as good.

I’m not that dazzled by Ms. Bollucks ‘chebs’; neither am I that certain where they are located.

Watch it. It’s good.

noteeth
    Free Member

As a post-script to this thread… I normally hate 3D stuff. But having seen Gravity in 2D for cheap in my fave fleapit cinema, I pretty much accepted that I had to see it in 3D. Despite having galaxy-sized plot holes, it is a great film – the dialogue doesn’t bother me (not every space movie has to be like Tarkovsky’s Solaris), as everything is pretty much secondary to the absolutely stunning effects.

Anyway, yesterday I went to a late-night showing at the big bang cinema de lux, and…. Houston in the blind, I was the only person there. It was freakin’ awesome. 😀

bearnecessities

I’d just like to add my review/bump; watched on a 2D TV covered in wood shavings/dust.

It’s shit. Seriously, what was the hype about??

It was quite good at first, got my interest and I cared what happened. Then, slowly, it drilled my brain out until I was just left hoping it would be over. Then, suddenly, it was.

.and although I didn’t think Buzz-Lightyear, I wish I had!

samuri
    Free Member

Well I loved it. Obviously massively full of holes but it didn’t matter. Really quite enjoyed it and the visuals were great (of Sandra as well)

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Crap. Watched it in 2d on sky movies the other night. Lacking: aliens, blondes, car chase, geezers, guns & storyline.

On a serious note, it was very slick and the visuals are very good but all in all it’s a bit naff.

derek_starship
    Free Member

I was really disappointed with Gravity. The storyline was poor and the 3D aspect was predominantly utilised to show tools and screws floating around.

SB’s legs were showcased very well I must concede.

DezB
    Free Member

watched it in 2d on sky movies the other night.

Can’t imagine it translates well to the TV screen. It ain’t the Inbetweeners 2 (fact fans)

choppersquad
    Free Member

Ok, completing a nice circle….Inbetweeners 2 is it any good (before I buy it on DVD when it comes out?

Drac

Gravity is superb something different but in 2D it’s shit, tried it a few weeks ago in 2D and had to switch over to 3D. It really loses the visual perspective and depth in 2D stuff looks small you don’t get the sense of mass expanse of nothing.

Cougar

Gravity was an amazing experience in big-screen 3D, but its actual plot is pretty thin. It wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if it didn’t translate very well to regular home systems, any more than watching a video of a rollercoaster is overly thrilling.

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Gravity 3D..…..is it as good as they say it is?’ is closed to new replies.