Viewing 35 posts - 121 through 155 (of 155 total)
  • Gratuitous dog pic thread
  • CheesybeanZ

Happy birthday Colin 3 years old today :-),thanks for posting so many great photos of a such a diverse range of dogs – i thought there would be more Border terriers in the STW dog pack .

banks
    Free Member

[/url]_DSC7656 by rickbanks89, on Flickr[/img]

[/url]Barney after the rain by rickbanks89, on Flickr[/img]

Both on kinder.

medievalkneival
    Free Member

Merlin (sadly no longer with us) and Ben

Alpha1653

I’m another one with loads of baby gates but no kids. I even have them on my office door at work, meaning that anyone coming in as well as me going out has to vault it – Molly has worked out how to open it unless I lock it down. Annoyingly clever little mutt…

aphex_2k
    Free Member

This thread makes me sad. We had to take our 2 y/o GSD/Lab back to the pound. She was utterly lovely but… Broke into the chicken’s part of the garden and played with our 6 rescue battery hens until they were all not prepared to play any more. My 3 y/o son found one of them (headless) in the garden and I found the other 5. It was a sad day and we were all really upset. She really needed another dog in the house to play with her – despite 2 walks a day, play/tuggy time she was incredibly needy dog and everytime we turned around she was under our feet. It was a really tough decision but with all the things she did and a 3 month old baby in the house it was agreed she went back.

I can’t really remember the last time I properly cried but sitting in the pound filling out the forms, the staff came and asked if I’d like them to take her away. Oh my God.

So long Juice I hope we had 2 good years and I hope your new family loves you just as much.

hooli

Some lovely dogs here

scruff
    Free Member

go on then, some more of Banff.

HansRey

post lots more pics of dalmatians! We’re queueing for a pup atm.

mrben100
    Free Member

Pz_Steve – Member
    MrBen100 – is that a Spinone?

Always promised that when I get another dog it’ll be a Spinone. What are they like with a bike? (I’ve heard they make excellent runners’ companions, which makes me wonder if they might be a bit slow to go out on a ride).

And anything else I should know…?

Indeed he is Testaverde Shu – Leonard to his friends and family though.

They are good dogs to run with, as you jog they pretty much trot beside. However you do have to keep the dog interested – if he/she doesn’t want to run they won’t.

Brilliant temperament, fortunately ours doesn’t bark apart from little woofs in his sleep – some do like the sound of their own voices though!

Ours did have a tendency to chase everyone on a bike – that soon stopped though after we took it off him (IGMC).

Whenever he sees me on my bike he launches towards me rather than alongside, so we haven’t pursued that avenue much further.

As with alot of larger breeds, need to be careful with exercise and stairs in particular whilst the joints are forming/strengthening theres lots of info on the web. Also they are susceptible to bloat so mindful of feeding and exercise.

Pretty much the Spinone bible is a book by Carolyn Fry.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Italian-Spinone-World-Dogs/dp/1852790849

You’d need to find a used copy as no longer printed.

Slobber marks to contend with on walls/ceilings/anything within about a 30ft radius. If you dont keep on top of the stripping of the coat, quite aklot of hair everywhere as well.

Can always email if got any questions – but I’m an owner not expert/breeder.

What’s that more photos. Ah go one then.

mrben100
    Free Member

Alpha1653 – Member
    I’m another one with loads of baby gates but no kids. I even have them on my office door at work, meaning that anyone coming in as well as me going out has to vault it – Molly has worked out how to open it unless I lock it down. Annoyingly clever little mutt…

In the end we had to keep raising ours has the dog could easily jump them. Got so high that he was able to just crawl under them.

Ended up taking them off when he was finally trained not go upstairs or into another room unless he’s told/allowed. (He’s never allowed upstairs though!)

dantsw13

We got dog specific gates, as they are a good foot taller than baby stair gates.

hughjengin
    Free Member

Murray the puppy

And all grown up 🙂

Pz_Steve

Thanks Mr Ben. Don’t know what’s wrong with me, sounds worrying like my old friend Fergus the Bearded Collie. Except he was a barker. And would launch himself at runners, as well as bikes (his favourite trick was doing a full speed “fly past”, but grabbing your clothing at shoulder height and swinging himself round you that way). Also had the insane hairiness, but at least slobber wasn’t a problem.

I’ll bear in mind your advice. And thanks for the pics – they are such gorgeous dogs!

tangoman19
    Free Member

My boy Big Vern…

Her rat Ralph…

Usual day in paradise…

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Already posted one pic, but it does say gratuitous.

petrieboy

Montague Hercules he been on a few of these threads….

mrben100
    Free Member

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

Medievalkneival, am I right in my assumption that you live around the Billinge area of Wigan???
    if so I think we have spoken whilst dog walking around Billinge hill
    cheers, Tony (with the shiny black Patterdale)

cheviots
    Free Member

Katie & May

Katie – Street Dog rescued from Romania, breed ?

May – Staffy x Mastiff x ? Best dog in the world ever! She is awesome.

5thElefant
    Free Member

A snowy one

mrben100
    Free Member

5thElefant – that is a fantastic photo!

hughjengin
    Free Member

Love this thread

hughjengin
    Free Member

+1 5thelefant great photo bet you are proud of that image

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

What have these two been up to?

CheesybeanZ

12 months old yesterday

Alpha1653

CheesybeanZ

Alpha 1653 has your dog run off 🙂

CheesybeanZ

Tracey

Fins now turning into the trail dog we hoped she would

meribelmtb
    Free Member

Rufus our Golden Retriever, worrier of sticks, hoarder of toys, seeker of mud puddles and bogs. Amazingly well natured, puts up with our 7 month old pulling on his ears with no fuss. Would have another in a shot.

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

15 years old and still hanging in there. Mostly does this nowadays.

Lost my best friend last November. Still brings me to the edge of tears thinking about it. Gave him 10 goddamn good years though.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

@cheviots – Katie looks to have some Bearded Collie in her – very energetic, clever and perhaps unhinged…mine was.

DezB
    Free Member

Bit late, as I had this new dog pic on my home pooter

porter_jamie

oz

dereknightrider
    Free Member

Love this thread, great pic 5thelefant, amazing seeing young pup Fin now enjoying the trail, I’ll be back with pics of milo, my jack russell cross doberman, the best dog I’ve ever had, once I’ve figured how to post pics to here.

Viewing 35 posts - 121 through 155 (of 155 total)

The topic ‘Gratuitous dog pic thread’ is closed to new replies.