Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • Grand Designs tonight
  • kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Uncle Kevin, at it again. Balls deep. 😆

dirtyrider
    Free Member

thanks for the spoiler 🙄

bruneep

dont click on the thread then 🙄

andyl
    Free Member

. Uncle Kevin, at it again. Balls deep.

So that’s why the wife always ends up pregnant?

johndoh
    Free Member

Err yes, that was the point of the OP…

dirtyrider
    Free Member

dont click on the thread then

first bake off now this 🙄

boblo
    Free Member

Well it’s not really a spoiler is it? ‘Wife gets up the stick during build’ – hold the front page….

Two metrics stood out for me: 3 x planned duration and nearly double the budget. Hmmmmm, and he does this for a living?

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Not really a spoiler is it, Kev is always at “it” with the loyal wifey.

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member
    muddyground
    Free Member

No, the main problem was that it was boring. Half hour of him being a dick digging a big hole, and going on about sourcing everything locally. Then ten minutes of outsourcing stuff when the digging became unrealistic and local contractors failed. Turned off at 3/4’s when it started to look like an overbudget visitors centre. Wife walked out when he said he was a self build architect.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’m getting REALLY bored of GD nowadays. It’s all just square concrete boxes with huge windows and no curtains.

Gary_M
    Free Member

i’m getting REALLY bored of GD nowadays. It’s all just square concrete boxes with huge windows and no curtains.

You missed the cave last week then?

matt_outandabout

It’s all just square concrete boxes with huge windows and no curtains.

And if I remember last night, it was curved?

slimjim78
    Free Member

IMO its been the best series for ages. Some really interesting locations and super scaled builds. Plus Uncle Kev has turned his swagger charm up to 11.
    Still beats 95% of other telly.

tetchypete
    Free Member

Seems to be only people with unlimited budgets or land their parents already own these days. Could do with a dose of reality imo.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Seems to be only people with unlimited budgets or land their parents already own these days. Could do with a dose of reality imo.

There’s a clue in the show’s name to what it might be about. Redecorating a Crappy Old Bungalow is a different show.

totalshell

always interesting to see how the other half live.. ie those with mortgages they cant repay but flash houses and expensive cars.. cant help but feel i got it wrong by having paid off my house and driving a skoda..

slimjim78
    Free Member

Redecorating a Crappy Old Bungalow is a different show.

Lolz /\

He’s right, its pure escapism. Dare to dream what you may do, money permitting.
    And by all means, take inspiration from some of the things you see!

matt_outandabout

And take heed of the massive c*ck ups…

johndoh
    Free Member

those with mortgages they cant repay but flash houses and expensive cars.. cant help but feel i got it wrong by having paid off my house and driving a skoda..

Different people have different priorities. Neither is right. Some people prefer comfort and security, others want to push what they do with their lives. And he’s young-ish man, an architect and has a £250k mortgage – I think he will survive.

And I didn’t notice any car (I only saw the second part of the show though). Did he have a flash car?

br
    Free Member

Seems to be only people with unlimited budgets or land their parents already own these days.

Have you seen the price/cost of building land, ie that is actually available to a single-dwelling builder?

Plus often easier to get in-fill planning permission than green-field etc, and in-town often is priced for commercial or flats.

jam1e
    Free Member

Kev is gushing about this weeks cow shed

Trekster

And she is fit but not pregers 😉

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Good effort by the owner, put his hand to anything.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Interesting but I thought the new series on The Landmark Trust was excellent

jambalaya
    Free Member

Interesting but I thought the new series on The Landmark Trust was excellent

boblo
    Free Member

That was much more like it. A real Grand Design not a multi million pound ego/vanity trip for City Trader alikes….

doordonot
    Free Member

Yep, almost settled on GD (same old, same old), then found the considerably more interesting program about the landmark trust, where the dreams are held alive that we can stay in ‘grand designs’. And Anna Keay is easier on the eye/ears than Kev.

kayak23

Went to the Grand Designs show at the NEC on Sunday.It was really, really shit.
    A bit like being stuck in Homebase, interspersed with market stall type wonder gadget demonstrators. Was expecting inspiring, out there, pushing boundaries, daring to dream. Instead, got bland overpriced toys for rich people lacking imagination.

Just saying…

muddyground
    Free Member

Kayak23 – that’s a very apt description. We went to the London one and found it oddly soul destroying. Clarks Man Caves were the only interesting bit. And can’t Our Kev talk? He just goes on and on and on. We lasted just over an hour before giving up on the whole thing. It’s like the Ideal Home show but without the free food.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Phew, that entirely fits with my pre-conceived idea of what a Grand Designs show would be. 🙂

Thought last night’s was okay. I’d be interested to see how the house looked when fitted out, but thought it was looking a bit shite when they had to do the wrap at the end.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Uncle Kev world record, 4 weeks to get his latest guest up the duff, good effort.

STATO
    Free Member

And before the first ad break, superb.

onehundredthidiot

Tosser and pregancy. Hits the spot.

ElShalimo

That’s a great shot if that’s how she conceived

onehundredthidiot

Tshhhh boom.

Tonight line du jour.

“can we foxtrot Oscar that one down there”

leegee

He reminds me of Nathan Barley somehow.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Audi with roof bars with bike rack, so who’s going to out themselves then?

ElShalimo

£1M, tiny garden, no garage and on a busy main road. Daft

flap_jack
    Free Member

Big drop to river + toddler. Idiot.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Grand Designs tonight’ is closed to new replies.