Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • graeme obree speaks about depression.
  • racefaceec90

and salisbury plain [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMruv2hGJKM&feature=g-upl[/video] feel the gnarr 😀

racefaceec90

philconsequence just read your post 😳 believe me,i am happy to do whatever distances are comfortable for everyone (i am very unfit at present tbh 😳 tbh i don’t think i could ride 30 miles at the moment 😉 devizes to avebury will be within that distance (via cherhill monument).the route does have a few hills,but was thinking that we could stop off at the red lion for a squash/sustinance e.t.c. nearly all of it will be offroad so no worries about traffic.i also know a farm track back from beckhampton that is easier to cycle if anyone feels tired on the way back (we also connect to k & a canal towpath for the last part back to devizes).

philconsequence
    Free Member

😀 really enjoying the videos, the running commentary is surprisingly entertaining! if its the kind of terrain in the vids then i reckon we could stretch 18-20miles out of mrsconsequence as long as we dont tell her first 😆

might need to have a few stops for liquid and letting her get her breath back 😀

EDIT – crossed posts there, sounds perfect… pub stop to warm the hands and feet will make mrsconsequence a very happy lady!

should take us about 1.5-2hours to get down to you depending on traffic, meeting at 12 to faff about putting bikes together and get spinning sounds spot on 🙂

racefaceec90

here’s the route i’m on about (excuse the bad picture/am not too good with these google maps (total distance around 21 miles) 😳 there is some climbing (but i have managed to climb all the hills/admittedly at 0.005mph 😀 it’s not too bad (hopefully the rain will hold off)there are some nice views also (and a wooded bit where we can get some rad air off a tree stump (exhibit a 😉

philconsequence
    Free Member

that does look like some GNARLY air, might need to break out the FS, body armour and fullface 😈

looking at the videos it seems rain wont be too much of an issue for the terrain if its bridleways, gravel and tarmac etc most of the way… fingers crossed on the weather for the day 😀

racefaceec90

was just wondering,if anyone would mind if i put this ride up on the setting a scene mtb forum http://www.settingascene.com/ to see if any of the locals wanted to join us.have only ridden with a few of them,but they are a good bunch 🙂 (the pic of me getting HUGE! air 😉 was taken by divedaz from the forum 🙂

philconsequence
    Free Member

its your ride dude! reads like even just organising it is helping your mood a little and dare i say it making you excited about riding again?

racefaceec90

well i wouldn’t even be thinking about riding my bike if it wasn’t for you guys 😳 (blows nose) 😀 i am planning on cycling to bath (when the weather is half decent 😉 to buy myself an endura stealth jacket (as they sound jum dandy from what people here have said about them/reviews).also will have to put some miles in (preparation) for riding with you guys :-).well either that or buying some spd pedals/shoes 🙂

philconsequence
    Free Member

i only ride flats because of all the air i get off of curbs and pebbles.

davesmate
    Free Member

I might be uo for this. I’m in Swindon so will probably cut off at Barbury hill if we go that way but can also meet up with Mrs DM at her mum’s in Westbury if we go the other way. Did anyone mention a starting point yet?

racefaceec90

we’ll be starting from devizes around midday (place and time tbc) we’ll be cycling to avebury (via roundway hill/cherhill monument).stop off at the red lion pub for a squash/snacks,then back to devizes.nothing epic tbh around 22 miles in total (so everyone can enjoy it/am unfit at present 😳 everyone who wants to join us is more than welcome 😀

davesmate
    Free Member

Can I suggest the cafe at caen hill locks as a starting point? Nice home made cake and it’s right on the tow path, only downside is it’s a pay and display car park.

philconsequence
    Free Member

How are we all for Friday? 🙂

racefaceec90

apologies (haven’t been online until now 😳 i’m still fine for friday (heard the weather might be rainy though 🙁 i was going to ask where you all wanted to meet in devizes/what time on friday? i was thinking the wharf car park (right near to wadworth’s brewery).it’s pretty central to devizes (unfortunately i think it’s a pay & display car park/i think just about all of them are in town now).i hope everyone had a great christmas by the way 🙂

racefaceec90

p.s i should have added that someone sent me an e-mail,asking if they could join us on the ride.also joec1 from setting a scene forum is hopefully going to join us too 🙂 obviously will let them know time/place (if they can make it or not) the thread i put up on setting a scene forum link http://forum.settingascene.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1562 🙂

cinnamon_girl

Still hoping to make this. 🙂

Kiril
    Free Member

Hi folks I can’t make this due to family stuff, hope you have a great ride

Steve

philconsequence
    Free Member

As long as there’s a postcode and a time to meet we’re happy with whatever 🙂 I’ll keep yeti updated by text message if he doesn’t check the thread. It’d be good to make sure we’ve got a realistic chance of finishing riding before it gets dark so I’m gunna suggest 12:30 as a start time?

racefaceec90

i’m going to have to make a big apology to everyone,but i won’t be able to go on the ride tomorrow 😳 i could come up with some decent excuse,but i don’t want to lie to you good people.it’s a mixture of my depression/lack of motivation,suffering with my sinus problem (my nose just blocks up at this time of year),suffering with the dreaded jeremies 😳 and seeing the weather report for tomorrow http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/sn10 .i really hate myself for doing this (especially as you philconsequence and mrs consequence) are willing to drive over 2 hours to ride with me especially.the truth is that i did ride my bike on tuesday (the first bike ride that i have done in all honesty,since starting this thread)just visiting the bike shop/around 18 miles in total on canal towpath.unfortunately the shop was shut 😳 i did enjoy the ride (saw a few kingfishers/alpacas/canada geese e.t.c).i really was riding slow though/and i really didn’t have any real motivation to riding 🙁 i just had to be honest with you all (i just have no desire to ride my bike at the moment 🙁 i’m sorry to mess you all around 😳 and i do understand if you are rightfully pissed off with me 😳 i just had to be truthful to you all. i would like to finish by saying that i don’t plan on giving up cycling/my bike,as i will get my desire back to ride (especially when the weather is better 😉

cinnamon_girl

Hey raceface – it’s OK, we understand. I can sympathise with sinus problems as it can get very painful.

Your bike will always be there for you and ready to go when you are. This grim weather doesn’t help plus all the cleaning afterwards is a hassle. The shortest day has passed and Spring really isn’t that too far away!

You know I’m not that far from you so please give me a shout if you fancy meeting up. Am only doing little pootles but the fresh air does make such a difference.

Take it easy and hope to see you soon.

C_G

philconsequence
    Free Member

No need to apologise dude, would still be great to meet up for a ride at some point but when you’re ready for it 🙂 don’t beat yourself up about it! Drove past Devizes on boxing day and it looks a beautiful place to ride so we’re more than happy to make the trip down… Glad you got out on the bike earlier this week 🙂

racefaceec90

thanks everybody for the kind words 😀 philconsequence i would love to go riding with you when the weather is better/i feel my biking mojo come back again (it will 😉 (and you too cinnamon_girl 😉 i must admit that i have just come back from swindon/after buying myself a new axe (guitar) 😉 (on the bus) and it was quite windy/was raining on/off).thank you all for being so understanding and i wish each and everyone of you a very happy new year 😀

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Awww shucks… ne’ermind… there will be better weather in the coming months so it’s probably a good call 🙂

racefaceec90

The Southern Yeti i’m sorry 😳 i really do want to go riding with you all.when the weather is nice around the routes here,you cannot beat it 😉 i plan on starting again when the weather is better,and then putting up another ride shout out to you guys (if you still wanted to ride with a slow git 😉 we could do a longer route (had a 30 odd miler in mind,would be ideal when the days are longer/as i’m slow 😉

slowoldgit
    Free Member

@ rf – there will be other, better days. Thanks for making the effort: another time, for sure, we’ll contest slow bragging rights.

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘graeme obree speaks about depression.’ is closed to new replies.