Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Gore Bikewear 2 year warranty. According to Evans?
  • flanagaj
    Free Member

I was always lead to believe that Gore Bikewear had a ‘lifetime of garment’ warranty. I have a jacket/trousers which are 3 years old and like new and Evans don’t want to know. They tell me that Gore warranty is 2 years.

They sent me a form and told me to return them to an address in Germany. I did this a month ago, but I have had no communication from Gore and have no email / contact details.

All I have is this address.

Fa. Barth, Com. Gore, Lindberghstr. 8, D- 85399 Hallbergmoos

sandwicheater

I have a jacket/trousers which are 3 years old and like new

If like new, why not just keep them?

flanagaj
    Free Member

If like new, why not just keep them?

Should have read ‘look like new, but no longer waterproof’

sandwicheater

Sorry, i’ve not been helpful.

sandwicheater

http://forum.ctc.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=55971

Looks life lifetime of the product if the comments are to be believed or 5 years.

jimdubleyou

Have you renewed the coating on the outside?

flanagaj
    Free Member

Looks life lifetime of the product if the comments are to be believed or 5 years.

I did ask Evans to provide me with a link to the ‘2 year warranty’ but they failed to provide one. They have been shockingly bad!

Have you renewed the coating on the outside?

Garments were sent to Lancashire Sports Repairs for a professional attempt at reproofing them. LSR sent them back and said the membrane had gone and they could do nothing with them.

brooess
    Free Member

I don’t think anything will remain waterproof forever, especially after regular use, even Gore. As above – have you treated it with a proper cleaner and re-proofing agent? I’d be surprised if needing it to be reproofed will be accepted as a warranty job. IME even top quality kit like Rab and Gore will need reproofing eventually

jimdubleyou

LSR sent them back and said the membrane had gone

🙁

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Gore Bikewear 2 year warranty. According to Evans?’ is closed to new replies.