Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)
  • Gordon Broon running scared from TV debate
  • trailmonkey

Bless his little cotton socks, he might get all upset by nasty orrible comments. I mean, the little angel wouldn't dream of dishing it out himself, would he ?

Not the point. He's already said more than enough on the forum to make himself look bad.
    Not sure why folks would want to do the same ?

Smee
    Free Member

I would say that the elections are decided by the 60% of the voting population that stay at home. The votes should need to be quorate.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

To answer my own question – Cameron is an inch taller at 6'
    Hair – you decide :-0
    [img]http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42691000/jpg/_42691221_cameronsplit203pa.jpg[/img]

Neither is good is it 😯 Note Camerons parting flip flopping 'cos he don't know if he is right or left :-0

uplink
    Free Member

Thatcher was elected & she was bald – I remember her on Spitting Image 😀

Cameron definitely has a high forehead

Junkyard
    Free Member

FFS diatribe and fact people

Hopefully the rise in scotch nationalism will send the one eyed double dealer back home and we'll finally get an English government for English people

– excellent mocking the disabled what a nice chap you must be

for too long scottish MP's have meddled in English only affairs

When did the Tories have the majority of seats in Scotland? How many times have they ruled there? Sure you will be just as outraged about the anomally after the next election. 🙄

EDIT:Brown does not seem to be the most able leader but I also recall Daves great help as an advisor at the Treasury …surely one of the Blues on here can fill in the details about his erm governing credentials

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Tories had a majority of Scottish seats pre 1950. Never since IIRC. Currently one MP again IIRC. 18% of the vote ( so 10% of the electorate) at the last election. They have no mandate to rule Scotland

Captain_Crash
    Free Member

TJ is in with the numbers now, watchout.

Who was it said

"If voting actually worked, they'd abolish it"

TJ, I've seen enough from you to know that we'll never agree on politics and were I ever to feel ashamed about anything again, then it would be when I read some of your posts and see you pick out the stats and pseudo facts that conveniently support your arguements, and ignoring any incovenient truths about Labour.
    You're a selective fact machine, but no worse, I suppose, than the people we let loose in Westminster.

And in the end, thats what its really about with you and others on here. You know best and must win, win, win any debate. The rest of us should learn from you.

Well, I've learnt something from you, debating politics with you can only be seen as an exercise in patience, and I've no time for that now.

Instead, I'm scanning the employment wasteland that is the UK, after a record 3rd successive term labour Gov, for a job now.

"An end to Boom and Bust"

My **** 4rse.

He was Arrogant to even claim that, and insulted all in the UK when he thought we'd believe him.

Brown and Co are arrogant and out-of-touch. Just as the Tories were in the mid 90s.

CC.

Junkyard
    Free Member

tell them that after the election TJ when they are ruling I am sure they will be most concerned about the reveresed West Lothian Question and will toil night and day to resolve it as it is a terrible injustice.

uplink
    Free Member

If anyone thinks that either of the main parties will make a blind bit of difference to the average Joe's contentment with life, they are – sadly – deluded.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Brown and Co are arrogant and out-of-touch. Just as the Tories were in the mid 90s.

CC.

I can agree with you on that. I have little time for Brown and co as I have repeatedly said.

As for picking out stats to suit my arguments – find a post where I have done that. You are doing exactly what you accuse me off plus you are making up things to claim I have said.

Captain_Crash
    Free Member

TJ, Hah, hah-hah, hah !.

You sligh old fox, you nearly got me debating with you then.

"find a post where I have done that"

Yeah, and I'll come back with something, then you'll say "yeah, well thats right" and we'll be into debating/arguing.

Nearly got me.

😆

We agree on something !, I am staggered !. Arrogance and losing-touch. I believe it happens to any party in power for too long…

However, as I'm just about to hit the send post button, I think to myself( and please forgive me, according to . I am not intelligent enough for poltical debate).
    Still, there are distinct differences between when a Tory gov reaches its "sell-by-date" and when a labour Gov does the same.

So when the three people in the UK who can be 4rsed to vote, do so (and those of your who don't vote really should be ashamed of yourselves, imo). Are they just deciding how they want things to end for the incumbent, one or three elections later ?.

In the case of the Tories, they'll cut everything to the bone become arrogant and out-of-touch and get voted out by a generation who can't recall Blair,Brown, Smith, Blunket, Harperson, etc.

In the case of the Labour, they just completely wreck the economy, become arrogant and out-of-touch.

So prehaps we're just really deciding what mess we think we'd prefer to face, at some point in the future.

Uplink. I'd never suggest that one should look to the Gov, any Gov, for providing contentiment with life. IMO my contentiment is my job. Which would be higher, if I could find one……

Oh !, thats it, I've got to go.

🙂

CC.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

"An end to Boom and Bust"

My **** 4rse.

He was Arrogant to even claim that, and insulted all in the UK when he thought we'd believe him.

He was indeed very arrogant to suggest that. Although I fail to see any evidence which suggests that the overwhelming majority of people are fully conversant the inevitable contradictions of capitalism.
    Were people really expecting the credit-fuelled boom to be followed by a bust ?

Interestingly enough, the Tories only ever promise an economic boom. I don't ever recall them reminding us that a bust was on the horizon – despite the fact that there inevitably has been one, when they have been in power.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

We agree on something !, I am staggered !. Arrogance and losing-touch. I believe it happens to any party in power for too long…

Yup – I agree with that as well – 10 – 12 yrs seems to be about it.

I really hoped that Brown would be renew the government to avoid this but he has been so weak and indecisive he has failed miserably to do so. What I really can't forgive him for is his poor political instincts. On expenses for example he had an open goal to beat the tories – and he never even saw it was there. Poor indeed.

allthepies
    Free Member

Gordo won't appear on TV against Cameron of the other bloke. I guess he knows (or his advisors have told him) that he appears awkward on TV and just doesn't connect at the "what a nice man" level which seems more important than substance, beliefs etc with the majority of the great unwashed.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

If he doesn't show, what suggestions to replace him, a la tub of lard for Hattersley on HIGNFY.

Apparently, Sky have said they'll empty chair if any of the party leaders is a now show. So, what odds on Mandelson being party leader in time for the debate…..Hmmm…..

Captain_Crash
    Free Member

TJ.

Hat off to you there.

Perhaps some of my posts have been, err, a bit visceral.

I eat some of my words.

😉

CC.

uplink
    Free Member

If he doesn't show, what suggestions to replace him

Dennis Skinner?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Ta Captain. Perhps reasoned discourse is possible on here 🙂

Mind you my main gripe about Broon is he is too rightwing but hey ho 🙂

sootyandjim
    Free Member

uplink – Dennis Skinner (whilst an excellent MP) is perhaps a bit too much of a 'proper' Labour MP to prop up as the voice box for the current shame of a party pretending to be Labour.

uplink
    Free Member

uplink – Dennis Skinner (whilst an excellent MP) is perhaps a bit too much of a 'proper' Labour MP to prop up as the voice box for the current shame of a party pretending to be Labour.

I know but it'd be fun

He had some great moments

Skinner talking in parliament talking about David Owen

"What I want to know, Mr Speaker," he said, "Is why you allow this 'ere pompous git.." he got no further. "That, sir, is unparliamentary language!" said the Speaker; "I demand you withdraw it. "

Skinner pondered. Then, "In deference to you, Mr Speaker, I withdraw pompous."

He has good judgement 😀

Northwind

TV debate, feh… Deciding governments that last for 5 years based on how someone performs (and I choose that word carefully) on a stage for 10 minutes. Here's the reason we shouldn't have this- George Bush Jr won his TV debate with the "Fuzzy math" line, Gore lost despite actually standing on stage and correcting Bush on his own policies.

Lanesra wrote, "hopefully Dave will address the "West Lothian" question, for too long scottish MP's have meddled in English only affairs"

I think what you meant to say is, for too long English only affairs have been debated at the United Kingdom's parliament.

Lanesra
    Free Member

In other news, another rat leaves Nu Labours sinking ship http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/politics/article6820789.ece

Things must be bad as Joyce was usually the one wheeled out infront of the cameras to defend the indefensible

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

another rat leaves Nu Labours sinking ship

As I understand it, he still remains in the Labour Party.

And I'm not sure whether it's fair to describe him as a 'rat' because he has chosen to put his concerns over the military/political developments in Afghanistan, before his own political career.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I'd hardly describe a man who worked his way up from Private through Sandhurst to be an officer in the Black Watch as a "rat", as Ernie says. Seems that, despite his predeliction for coining it on expenses, Mr Joyce has done the decent thing and voiced his concerns.

Lanesra
    Free Member

🙄 You do realise he never saw active service and to top it all he was a teacher 😆

Eric Joyce is a traitor to the Scottish Regiments and giving that he was never involved in any active service within the Black Watch and was a school-teacher in the Army Training Corps, we find it insulting (as do many, many soldiers of that Regiment and their families) that he claims to speak with some knowledge of what it means to 'belong' to a regiment and to be proud of that.

http://www.savethescottishregiments.co.uk/ericj/item1.html

He's doing this to save his own skin – If you've ever seen him on Newsnight etc you'll know what kind of politician he is

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

There's only one really stinking rat in this thread.

EDIT: Don't worry Flashy, I reserve much stronger language for you and your likes 😛

Lanesra
    Free Member

Unsurprisingly, Ernie and CFH have gone a bit quiet on Mr Joyces' career

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

erm…….I've made my point, which was : "I'm not sure whether it's fair to describe him as a 'rat'"

I can't see why I need to elaborate on that.

Lanesra
    Free Member

You're **** on this one Ernie, give it up

Eric Joyce, Major in the school teaching corp

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

😕

I made my point and moved on …….. what is there for me to 'give up' Lanesra ?

Are you under the impression that you've asked me a question ? Because despite scrolling back up several times, I can't figure out what you're on about.

Lanesra
    Free Member

You dodged the ongoing question of the veracity of Mr Joyce's Military/Political career. HTH helps

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Why would I be interested in Eric Joyce's military career ?

Lanesra
    Free Member

No reason, you just seemed to be "sticking up" for Mr Joyce and I merely pointed out his "military" (for want of a better word) and political resume.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I know nothing about Eric Joyce's military career …….. and I'm interested even less.

If however you are concerned about his military career Lanesra, I suggest that you take it up with someone who might be interested.

How about a strongly worded letter to the MOD demanding to know why Eric Joyce, "never saw active service and to top it all, was a teacher" ?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Dont worry wikki was great I know why he hates him all clear now

He left the army in 1999,[4] amid controversy after describing the armed forces as "racist, sexist and discriminatory,"[5][6] before going on to serve as the Public Affairs Officer at the Commission for Racial Equality (Scotland)

My God THAT must be REALLY making Lansera's blood boil 😆 🙄

Off to see if he is a Scouser or Gypsy then calling a Royal Flush

Northwind

Ah, I see- you've taken the entirely unbiased Savetheregiments website at face value. Account for the years between 1978 (when he joined the regiment as a private) and 1987 (when he was commissioned and entered the AGC and became effectively a soldier-teacher.) He started as a squaddie and was on active.

He may very well be a total **** for all I know but you're repeating a half-truth, either because you want to believe it or because you lack the nous to question it.

Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘Gordon Broon running scared from TV debate’ is closed to new replies.