Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • GoPro – Tell me your creative mounting options
  • Phototim
    Free Member

I have got myself a couple of GoPro 960s to take to Canada this weekend. I’m after some ideas for creative mounting options. This is the gear I have:

2 x gopro
    1 x chest mount
    2 x adjustable helmet mount (the one that can be turned to look back)
    2 x helmet mount straps
    A couple of sticky pads.

I have one awesome set up looking back at my goggles but was wondering what has worked well for others? Perhaps on the backpack filming the rider behind?

Cheers!

Tim

hugor
    Free Member

I’ve posted this before in another thread but I like this mount.
    It uses the roll bar mount and a bit of creative work with cable ties.

To get an idea of the video angle here is the only one I’ve posted so far.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeJEPJUvub0&feature=channel_video_title[/video]

TiRed

I taped my son’s Flip to a standard front handlebar reflector mount. Worked fine, but the rigid HT made for a bumpy image.
    Try mounting it under the downtube pointing up at you.

jackoinmoss
    Free Member

Have a drift not gopro. Have tried it on side of helmet. Quite normal..
    Strapped to back knee on snowboard pointing forward. Worked quite well low to the floor getting a good idea of speed.

Seen loads of go pro’s on ski poles pointing towards and away.
    With that in mind I thought I might stap a tent pole (old alloy one) under my stem 12 or 18″ long pointing back up at me. Also thought of putting one on back of rucksack so I can point it down at me.
    Also trying to use bottle cage mounts to face it backwards to see the travel working on the rear wheel and whoever is behind you.

Looking to try and see what sort of self shot stuff I can do as I like the idea of filming footage of myself (not in a strange way) just as something a bit different.

billysugger
    Free Member

Under the frame looking through the forks is cool. Just had a friend make a little mirror which I’ve siliconed onto the back of my fork stantion(?) Looks spunky. I’ll put some videos up on here when I can ride fast enough again

jackoinmoss
    Free Member

like mirror idea.

Seen a salomon free ski vid shot from head but he has mirror in his hand looking back at himself if that make sense?

hugor
    Free Member

One of my favourites is one attached to the seatpost looking backwards. Get a great view of the rear tire and the rider behind.

Klunk
    Free Member

even better now i run it upside down

makes it much easier to use from on the bike.

Phototim
    Free Member

Thanks for all the suggestions, unfortunately I do not have any mounts to mount the cameras on my bars or seat post unless I bodge it. I like the bag strap one, simple but effective.

oink
    Free Member

seatpost looking back over wheel, under top tube looking back at shock, chest, helmet, side of googles, bars pointing down at front wheel, bottom of fork leg pointing forward…
    … are a few that i’ve played with

Some of which can be seen here
    [video]http://www.vimeo.com/17704648[/video]

Milky
    Free Member

Any one mounted the GoPro on the fork station at the very top up against the crown? I have a handlebar mount but it won’t go around and part of the frame on my Stumpy and it won’t fit round the fork lowers either. Obviously damaging the stantion would be very bad news but as the very top part never gets near the seals I am thinking there wouldn’t be a problem? Am I being daft?

Pauly

Love seeing the suspension working hard.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘GoPro – Tell me your creative mounting options’ is closed to new replies.