Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Google Sketchup Renderer.
  • J0N
    Free Member

As above. Are there any free renderers that work with Google's sketch up?
    I know there are renderers for the Pro version but its a small personal project so I can't justify the expense.
    Alternatively will a free or trial version of a renderer work with the trial of Sketch up Pro?

thepurist

You after decent photo-realistic rendering? IIRC Podium is free and
    Light Up
    has a free trial period. I prefer LightUp – easier control of emitters & suchlike.

AlexSimon

I'm interested in this too. I was considering taking it out to Blender which I have some experience with, but to be honest, something within sketchup sounds much better. I'm going to take a closer look at that Podium app – some of the gallery images look spot-on.

There's a list of others here:
    http://sketchup.google.com/download/plugins.html

tails
    Free Member

I use podium daily it is very simple and you can create nice renders in under 2 mins, I would say that the images on podium's website have been post edited in photoshop.

Does lightup work inside SKP? I might give it a whirl.

JON you are aware you can export images from sketchup with shadows etc which are of a presentable standard.

thepurist

Yep LightUp is embeddded within SketchUp – it's probably a little more fiddly than Podium but when I started looking at renderers I tried both in comparison and achieved better results faster using LightUp, so stuck with it.

tails
    Free Member

cool I'll give it a go then. what do you use SKP for?

AlexSimon

AFAICT all these are $150+ with time-limited trials available.
    However browsing through them I noticed that http://www.indigorenderer.com/sketchup/ was free forever for non-commercial work with a 0.7 megapixel output limit (approx 800×800 pixels). So I think I might give that one a go.

J0N
    Free Member

All great info guys. Thanks. I've had a quick play with the podium and does seem user friendly. However, it has caused my model to fail a couple of time so far.
    I'll try the indigo next.

tails
    Free Member

Just had a quick blast on light up I like the idea of that IES stuff. You have any tips or tricks I'm reading the manual.

silentsi
    Free Member

IDX Renditioner is my favorite, it's quick and simple to use.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Google Sketchup Renderer.’ is closed to new replies.