• This topic has 67 replies, 49 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by chaos.
Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Good Quality Tea
  • philb88
    Free Member

Always liked Mackwoods tea after a visit to their estate!

http://www.mackwoodstea.com/productsrange.asp

For teabags, BETTYS Tea Room Blend or a daily Twinnings!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

chewkw just saying not worth trying it if you insist on killing your taste buds, it’s probably way cheaper than fags….

Kunstler

Too expensive

Proper tea is theft.

philb88
    Free Member

A morrocan mint tea is also a nice change to the normal teas! Especially when made with fresh mint and a little sugar!

peajay

What you want is some Suki Tea, the Belfast Brew is brilliant.

prettygreenparrot

I worked with one of the folks from Comin’s Teahouse. Very enthusiastic about tea. She was frequently in search of the best teas from their farms of origin. I suggest you give them a go.

66deg
    Free Member

Very refreshing.

Forlife teapot was a great xmas pressie for my OH.

nostoc
    Free Member

Morrisons english breakfast is not up to much, this present packet anyway. Their Assam was good but they stopped doing it.
    Mint tea may be nice but it is not tea. It is a herbal infusion.

hatter

Try the ones I linked to, much better than most and a huge variety.

Cripes are you on commission or something? They make H.R. Higgins look positively reasonable.

Still, I’m actually almost out of Assam and the leaves on their site to looking promisingly tippy. I’ve ordered a tin, this better be good.

philb88
    Free Member

Moroccan mint tea is really tea, not the peppermint crap like those camomile ones.

Uses Gunpowder green tea and mint leaves, no milk and a bit of cane sugar

gobuchul
    Free Member

Ringtons do some lovely teas.

The Sainsbury Kenyan Teabags are also very good.

I drink a lot of Yorkshire Gold as well.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Cripes are you on commission or something? They make H.R. Higgins look positively reasonable.

I drink them every day and I’m happy

cheers_drive

For tea bags Aldi Assam is very nice – non of the bitterness you get with bog standard tea bags.
    As a tip if you don’t like the bitterness then don’t squeeze the teabags as it’s the fines in the tea that make it bitter.
    Best tea we have is some loose leaf of a variety I cannot remember we got when in Sri Lanka a few years back, only for special occasions.

traildog
    Free Member

With a good infuser, I cannot see any advantage to a tea bag because lose tea always taste so much better in my opinion.

I like Darjeeling first flush myself, but it’s expensive and may not be to your taste if you like strong English breakfast style teas.

brassneck

TeaPigs make some nice ‘quality time’ bags .. way too much for standard use, but Yorkshire does me fine on that front, or Twinings Breakfast

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Its all pointless, no matter wether it be leaf or bag, premium brand or supermarket specials, unless you employ the proper process for actually making the tea. I.e. no milk in the cup with the tea bag before the water. Not pre-heating your mug or teapot etc. You can only extract the best flavour with boiling water, by pouring the water into a cold mug or pot instantly cools the water and reduces the flavour extracted out of the tea leaves. Its amazing how much flavour you can extract out of the standard branded bags if you take some thought about the brewing process.

footflaps

Taylors of Harrogate or Twinings Earl Grey is all I’d chose to drink…

TooTall
    Free Member

If you really want to get tea-geeky, Imperial Tea and Coffee takes some beating. I used to shop there when I lived in Lincs. They do good ranges for sample packs if you want to try a few different ones.
    http://www.imperialteas.co.uk/

xherbivorex
    Free Member

Brew Tea Co in Liverpool makes some nice loose leaf teas (rolled, not chopped too). and good pots for brewing them in too.

kwack
    Free Member

http://www.tea-and-coffee.com/

This is the place if you want to get proper tea. 10m brewing in a diffuser pot and you will never go back to teabags!!

Ceylon Orange Pekoe is the way to go

blisterman1962
    Free Member

I’m going to be trying some new flavours, is putting sugar in a crime?

xherbivorex
    Free Member

yeah, pretty much!

durhambiker
    Free Member

Drac and Pik n Mix win. Extra Fresh for me, but then I get 100 teabags of that every month as part of my wages. There are various other teas about, a couple of which have been mentioned in here, that are also good and happen to be blended and packaged in the same factory, but go in different packaging.

paddy0091
    Free Member

Not read any of the above but a big shout out to the Lidl Red Label.

Honestly up there with Yorkshire Tea, less than £2 for 180.

Source: I drink about 5 cups of a tea a day… :mrgreen:

CountZero

For all your tea-related needs:
    http://www.teahouseemporium.co.uk
    Lovely little shop, they have some gorgeous tea-pots, too.
    Just not flying ones. 😉

paddy0091
    Free Member

also Pukka Cinnamon if you want to try something different, very tasty.

moonwrasse
    Free Member

http://www.tea-and-coffee.com/

Best Earl Grey I have tasted.

chaos

wobbliscott – Member
    Its all pointless, no matter wether it be leaf or bag, premium brand or supermarket specials, unless you employ the proper process for actually making the tea. I.e. no milk in the cup with the tea bag before the water. Not pre-heating your mug or teapot etc. You can only extract the best flavour with boiling water, by pouring the water into a cold mug or pot instantly cools the water and reduces the flavour extracted out of the tea leaves. Its amazing how much flavour you can extract out of the standard branded bags if you take some thought about the brewing process.

+1. I do this at work when getting a round in, unbeknownst to the recipients, and it occasionally gets a slightly surprised ‘that was a nice cup!’ type response. Definitely better than the cold cup, milk in straight away, leave-it-in-one-second and squash it hard against the side of the cup approach regardless of whatever budget bucket of tea bags they get in.

Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘Good Quality Tea’ is closed to new replies.