Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Good pub food near Ladybower?
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Yorkshire Bridge Inn?
    Ladybower Inn?

Anywhere else?

mrsflash
    Free Member

We tend to go to the Ladybower Inn.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

ladybower inn

my brother and sister both work there 🙂

seriously though the food is top notch

and the Farmers Blonde beer is to die for

davey_clayton
    Free Member

I’ve eaten in the Yorkshire Bridge a couple of times, it’s a lovely pub. Don’t know much else round there. Snake Inn?

AndyPaice
    Free Member

I’m in the ladybower most sundays, pint of blond and a large soup (Pheasant, bacon and stilton was the best ever) 🙂 Food is very good and usually 4 real ales to choose from 🙂

gingerflash

Yes, excellent food at Ladybower Inn, cyclists’ portions too.

porterclough
    Free Member

both are fine, ladybower especially welcoming to muddy bikers – and bradfield ales (farmer’s blonde and farmer’s bitter) are excellent

nearest other option would be in bamford I suppose which is an easy warm down road ride

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

pretty sure there is only one pub left in bamford now. The Marquis closed years ago (soon to be a hilton group hotel) and ye olde derwent arms is now shut

Tracey

Ladybower Inn everytime, usually mid ride

This trail comes out at the side of the pub

Tracey

Richyb
    Free Member

There’s the Strines Inn a short drive away as well, nice old pub, food OK. Sounds like The Ladybower is better though!

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

Strines is good, even if only for the zoo! can get very busy though as it’s only small. best time to go is when the National Trust are using the field above as a helicopter lift site 🙂

porterclough
    Free Member

of course, yes, forgot about strines – can be very nice to sit outside of an evening 😉

jackthedog
    Free Member

The Ladybower is the best pub for a post (or mid) ride feed and pint, by miles.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Good pub food near Ladybower?’ is closed to new replies.