Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • good pair of bib shorts ?
  • jacob46
    Free Member

Need a new pair for 60mile charity ride next week. Had a pair of endura pro but not really impressed with the padding.

Anything up to £100

Cheers

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Giordana FRC

chakaping
    Free Member

DHB Aeron Pro are very comfy, reasonable money – if they still make them. Wiggle own brand.

g123456
    Free Member

Worth a look at dhb found them to be my most comfortable bibs. And pretty good value.

moonboy
    Free Member

Howies!

lunge

Decathlon, the 700 or 900 series stuff. Very, very good and not much money.

steezysix
    Free Member

DHB Aeron Pro are excellent and a good price.

euain

I’ve been impressed with the Etxeondo stuff I’ve tried. Merlin (and probably others) do it for a pretty good price.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Morvelo.

mudshark
    Free Member

£100 is a good budget and can get what you want for less than that as suggested already. However a really good quality product from a big brand with their best pad for £74?

http://www.merlincycles.com/castelli-garmin-sharp-team-inferno-bib-shorts-2014-68424.html

MoreCashThanDash

Previous dhb fan, now a Howies convert.

You’ve left it a bit late really, best to get a couple new rides in with untried bib shorts. 40 miles in is not the time to discover you bought the wrong pair!

rj
    Free Member

Just got a pair of the Decathlon 700 XC (I think). I’ve been really impressed by them.

hatter

Pearl Izumi P.R.O. shorts on sale.

Have 2 pairs of these now, great bits of kit.

See also and Santini bib with the Gel Intech Chamois (GIT)

Such as these

On balance I’d say the Pearls edge it on comfort but in the Santini’s favor they seem to last forever, I’ve got a 6 year old pair still going strong despite regular commuting.

The Howies ones do look good but I haven’t worn them so can’t comment.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Endura do some nice ones and I like the campag ones. For that money the world is your oyster.

njee20
    Free Member

Gore.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Assos T.neoPro_s7, slightly over your budget at £116 from wiggle but you may find them cheaper elsewhere. I got mine from evans for £99 with a discount code.

They’re the best bib shorts I’ve worn.

alanf
    Free Member

Got some Sportful grupetto which are very nice (similar spec to tour team level bibs).
    I also have some Endura FS260 pro which I like so the Sportful may not be for you.

moe_szyslak
    Free Member

Previous dhb fan, now a Howies convert.

Howies look good, are very very comfortable and reasonably priced.

globalti
    Free Member

dhb Aeron Pro – brilliant. Look no further.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Bought some Morvélo bibshorts recently, the 85 versions.
    You can tell the quality straight away, heavier duty Lycra with a slight compression fit and the pad is really, really comfy.
    Not cheap at £90 but worth it IMO.
    I have 2 pairs of Decathlon bibs and whilst they are comfy they aren’t in the same league as the Morvélo ones.

theprancinghorse
    Free Member

DHB as mentioned above are very good for the money although with a budget of £100 you are really spoilt for choice.

jacob46
    Free Member

Gel pad prefered, not sponge.

mudshark
    Free Member

Hmm IME gel ones are fine for a while then the gelness disappears so fit for the bin.

jacob46
    Free Member

thanks for advice everyone, the assos look the best and reviews are good but the dhb on wiggle look and seem fantastic for the money. cheers

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘good pair of bib shorts ?’ is closed to new replies.