Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • good fork for an older heckler
  • astura
    Free Member

Currently got pikes on the bike, its a 2005 frame. There 140mm travel adjustable, I would like 160 just because I am doimg more drops tHan xc at the mo. Iv got my eye on some Fox talas 36, is there any others worth considering?

wiggles
    Free Member

X fusion slant
    Can get 130-160 adjustable if you still want it.

Tapered only though so have no idea if will fit heckler

Rickos
    Free Member

U-turn coil Lyriks. Some old ones a couple of years old would have the right steerer. Awesome forks.

bomberman
    Free Member

Tapered only though so have no idea if will fit heckler

Nope. I have the same dilemma going on at the moment, exactly the same. In fact I have an entire thread going on about it at the moment. There’s a dodgy headset solution butt apparently it’s too dodgy.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

up to 160 and 1 1/8th had everything from Revs, Pikes, 36’s & various Bombers. Get going with the classifieds and e-bay or shop for a new frame…

acidchunks

No experience of them myself but Lyriks seem to have a good rep.

Here’s a 2013 160-130mm Dual Position in 1&1/8″ flavour: http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/FORSLRC2DP/rockshox-lyrik-rc2l-160mm-dual-position-air-fork

Jeffus
    Free Member

I had Lyriks on my 2007 Heckler it was great downhill but a bit of a lump on the ups, I changed to talas 36 , 130mm was good for climbs and trundling alond then flick the lever for 160mm on the downs best of both, my Lyriks where U-Turn which was a lot of faff to adjust, on the fly.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘good fork for an older heckler’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM