Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)
  • Gold Klein stolen from Manchester city centre
  • qtip

A friend had his gold Klein Attitude stolen today from Manchester city centre. If anyone spots it then please contact me on markyqt80 at hotmail dot com. As you can see it’s pretty unique.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Desperately tries not to make Mr T reference.Fails.Sorry….on both counts 🙁

project
    Free Member

Nice brickwork, blockwork and slabbing, and the bike is nice and clean.

Will keep a look out as well, liverpool

kimbers

bastrds

that gold lx stuff must be very rare these days

i imagine that somewhere in manchester tonight a dealer happily took that in exchange for a rock of crack

edit:
    yup

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-Shimano-LX-Gold-9-spd-Complete-Mountain-Bike-Group-RARE-AS-/310540784304

pretty identifiable bike and if its broken for parts that groupset is gonna standout

oliverd1981
    Free Member

That’s lovely – why it was taken out of the cotton wool and allowed out of sight anywhere near a city is the question.

qtip

Don’t know the details of where it was left or why, I’m sure it will be a mistake that won’t be repeated.

bearnecessities

That stuff must turn up on eBay…best of luck, eyes peeled

qtip

Cheers – I’ll be keeping an eye on the usual suspects of ebay and Gumtree.

Wozza
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that, i’ll keep a look out around Sale, it should be easy to spot.

For what it’s worth when searching online look for Klein and Klien it’s an easy mistake to make and might help you find it.

“Hangings too good for them”

joao3v16
    Free Member

Sadly, I believe this:

somewhere in manchester tonight a dealer happily took that in exchange for a rock of crack

is more likely than this:

That stuff must turn up on eBay

If the thief knows what they’ve got, they’ll not be stupid enough to flog it in public on an interweb.

More likely it’ll be sold fund a drug habit or just so a scrote can get some cash …

solarpowered
    Free Member

Eyes peeled!
    Total sewer rats aren’t they 😡

eightyeight
    Free Member

Lovely looking bike, will keep my eyes peeled

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

As you can see it’s pretty unique.

One cannot have gradations of uniqueness, it either is or is not unique.

qtip

One cannot have gradations of uniqueness, it either is or is not unique.

Pedant!

acidchunks

South Manc/city centre here, will keep an eye out.

edward2000
    Free Member

I’m gonna watch this thread closely as it appears that the ebay linky is the bike that was pinched. Hoping the police get involved here and a good result occurs. The seller may also be hiding loads more pinched bikes.

jekkyl

good spot mr bear.

dandax1990
    Free Member

Wow that is so obvious. Wowowowow. Fingers crossed this is recovered. I personally wouldn’t mess about and hope the police sort it, I’d be trying to arrange a meet/collect instantly.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Great spot

Harry_the_Spider

Once the OP has been informed hadn’t somebody better shut this thread so that the scum bag doesn’t get wind of it?

Good spot BTW!

dandax1990
    Free Member

Hope he get’s the E-Mail, Doesn’t seem to be that active on here and got a feeling the bike will be gone by the time he comes on here next.

bearnecessities

I personally wouldn’t mess about and hope the police sort it

Sadly, I spotted a mate’s nicked trek on ebay a year back. Told him, he told police (he had receipts etc). They weren’t interested. Not police-bashing, they have to prioritise, but maybe a reason why bike theft is increasingly prevalent.

EDIT:

Once the OP has been informed hadn’t somebody better shut this thread so that the scum bag doesn’t get wind of it?

I thought about that before I posted, but I think it’s being sold through someone else’s (girlfriends?) account and eBay (as far as I’m aware) doesn’t show source of traffic.

edward2000
    Free Member

One of his customers who left negative feedback tried to return something to him/her. Thus this ebayer should have his address. Is it worth the OP emailing this ebayer who returned said item politely asking for the sellers address and explaining why and then passing these details on to here so we can beat the living day lights out of him, I mean passing the details onto the police?

dandax1990
    Free Member

Each to their own. I know too many people who’ve tried to do it by the book and the police didn’t care and ended up with their bike being sold on. The fact there isn’t much time left is why I’d try get the bike back myself. Fair enough report to the police but then try and get it yourself.

dandax1990
    Free Member

I checked the OPs profile and he hasn’t logged in on here for a few days so I looked him up on Face Book and sent him a message on there too to give a better chance of him getting the message.

bearnecessities

The fact there isn’t much time left is why I’d try get the bike back

It was only listed an hour ago, on a 3 day.

EDIT: good man Dandax – I must get myself setup on this Facebook business!

singletrackmind

Click B I N , worry about the details later ????

dandax1990
    Free Member

Aye, It’s on buy it now also. Could be sold in 10 minutes and picked up within an hour.

bearnecessities

Agreed, hence why I want to contact the OP asap.

twistedpencil

He’s a subscriber so have the staff at the mag got access to his contact details?

Drac

Take a screenshot so you have detailed eBay will help if it’s gone.

project
    Free Member

isnt Brengate a copper in gm police, dealing with thieves as opposed to anything else they deal with.

Cougar

FYI, one of my esteemed colleagues has emailed the OP earlier.

bearnecessities

He’s a subscriber so have the staff at the mag got access to his contact details?

They’ve already emailed the guy; no more contact details held.

Merlinman

Thread re-opened – more news to follow!

Drac

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlVby9fHgsU[/video]

Cougar

We’ve resurrected this with permission to add a postscript.

Thanks to the sterling efforts of the GMP in conjunction with a couple of forum members, the OP was reunited with his missing bike this morning.

Nice to have a happy ending to a “stolen bike” thread.

Caher

Excellent – sadly one of my stolen bikes was spotted on eBay but sold on by the time the police went around (took them a week).

PiknMix
    Free Member

Great work everyone.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘Gold Klein stolen from Manchester city centre’ is closed to new replies.