Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Going to Whitby – any reccomendations?
  • danlurinsky
    Free Member

Hi guys,

I’m going to Whitby with the mrs in a couple of weeks and planning on taking the bikes.
    Any recommended trails in the area? Of course there’s dalby, but was wondering if anyone had any info on anything a bit wilder?

myheadsashed

Go west a bit and do the Lord Stones Loop

HansRey

follow railway lines NW from Sandsend, or south from the Abbey in Whitby.

As for bike riding, there’s nothing that fun unless you go on footpaths. If you do that, there’s loads of choice around Goathland 😉

sing1etrack

Theres a few routes on muddybums website.

Otherwise there’s loads of bridleways and good riding around Danby, Glaisdale area or Goathland area (the Goathland and Levisham Station route on muddybums for example) – just have a scan of the OS map of the area any you won’t go too far wrong. If you fancy something more akin to larking about in the woods and picking up a few trails try Guisborough, only half hour or so from Whitby. need a guide though really as not much is waymarked. These guys ride on a Tuesday and Thursday evening.

Trekster

Have a look at the Osmotherly thread from the other day, not too far away. The moorland around Goathland is fun unles it is wet`n windy 🙄
    What was the tv programme filmed at Goathland again? Had a meal and a few pints in the pub a few yrs ago.

HansRey

the program was Heartbeat. You ate in the pub? Then i apologise, i worked there and it was pretty embarrassing (poor food, crap beer, too many managers). But, if you go to Goathland, take a 10minute walk down to Beck Hole and visit the Birch Hall Inn.

Trekster

I seem to remember we walked down a hill but pub was either closed or not serving meals at that time
    Heartbeat pub grub was actually OK on the night we were in, have had worse anyway 😆
    Sorry to say but most English beer is not that great 🙄

FOG

Mmmm, most English beer is not that great is a rather inflammatory statement in this day of the Micro brewery. Perhaps ‘some English beer is not that great ‘ might be more accurate.

Trekster

slurs and stands corrected 😳

danlurinsky
    Free Member

Thanks a lot guys!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Going to Whitby – any reccomendations?’ is closed to new replies.