Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • going 1x on my OO Fatty
  • MadBillMcMad

shall I/shan’t I/shall I/shan’t I/…….

Still got the standard set up 22/36 with a standard cassette, using 10 speed XT shifter & small/medium rear mech (not sure which)

After this w/es ride I certainly need the bottom end to get up those hills – Peaks/Pennines is my area.

22×36 gives me 1.3 ratio
    28×42 gives me 1.4 – so only 8% loss of progression
    26×42 gives me 1.3

If I do go for it, do I just need a longer b screw or any other gizmos – currently running 10 speed XT.

T666DOM

I run my fatty 1×10 with a 34t NW ring upfront I also bought a 32t but haven’t used that yet. Kept the same mech and kept the 22t ring on the cranks, the idea being if I really need the granny I can just manually put the chain to it before a big climb. Not a perfect solution but I haven’t had the need to use it yet riding in North Yorkshire. Seemed to be a simple solution though.

oliwb
    Free Member

I’m running 30T on my Salsa Mukluk with 40T SS range expander cog out back (11-36T cassette). I was running a 32T before but found it just a tad too much for my wee leggies. 30T seems to be about right – just came back from 3 days biking around the 7stanes but normally cycle around the house in Aberdeenshire.

MadBillMcMad

my ride yesterday was in the Trough of Bowland & I was certainly very happy to have all the gears.

So my current thinking is to go ’28’ & man up over the 0.8%

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Or you could just leave it as it is? No?

MadBillMcMad

That is the sensible option & I could but then I need a new BB – surely that is enough justification, & I like the new Hope BB, & I …..

hypnotoad
    Free Member

32t up front for me,

11-32 on the rear.

I have found it fine so far, but havent done any majorly steep stuff, but I may bung on a 11-36 if I do.

oldboy
    Free Member

On my new rigid 29er (absolutely love the simplicity of it!), 30t upfront and 11-36 XT with SS 40t expander works for me in West Yorkshire’s hilly terrain.

onandon
    Free Member

In on a 32 front and 32 rear. Ok for me in most conditions.

MadBillMcMad

32 & 11-32 is out of the question for me.I’ve got 30t and 11-36 on my hardtail but that is tough on long rides.

Think I’ll probably go 28t and an extender

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘going 1x on my OO Fatty’ is closed to new replies.