Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • God, not another what's it worth thread… (Soda content)
  • metalheart
    Free Member

After demoing a new bike and realising that I had much more fun on it than my Soda I’ve come to the conclusion that three hardtails is a little, well, I’ll thought through. And if I’m to get a Rocket then I need to sell something to fund it.

The Solaris has already been sold (just waiting for a lovely green one to arrive now come July) and the Soul wouldn’t realise enough and anyway I couldn’t bear to sell it anyways. Plus what’s on the soda will move over better (after swapping wheels with e soul).

So what’s the value of a pretty much mint newly no long available medium Cotic Soda? And where’s the best place to sell it?

LeeW

Shame it’s not a large or I’d have made you a very tempting offer.

metalheart
    Free Member

How tall are you Lee? Just think how flickable a medium would be…. 😉

LeeW

5’11” The only flicking I do on bike frames is to check out the butting on the tubes… 😳

I really would need a large, I have arms like a gibbon.

bol

I sold my large Lynskey Soda on eBay for £900 a few months ago, having had no offers on here. Had hoped for
    more, and have seen them go for more since.

metalheart
    Free Member

Hmm, I thought you’d got more bol. Guess I’ll slap it on here and see if there’s any bites.

Lee: I’m ~6′ myself but I’m sure you know best. It made me chuckle nonetheless. 😀

the_lecht_rocks

I feel your pain Neil…. Need to get rid of my ti456 as well………..

Nicknoxx
    Free Member

TLR haven’t you got a Nicolai to sell, I could do with one of those?

the_lecht_rocks

Yeah, dipper has my old Helius am for sale fwiw…..

LeeW

I used to have a medium Merlin XLM which had around the same length TT which was too small, even with a 100mm stem.

I hope you get what you want for it.

Nicknoxx
    Free Member

Yeah, dipper has my old Helius am for sale fwiw…..

Hmmm, you haven’t exactly over sold it on another thread. . .
    Think I’ll hang out for a used CC.

mboy
    Free Member

I sold my large Lynskey Soda on eBay for £900 a few months ago, having had no offers on here. Had hoped for
    more, and have seen them go for more since.

Really? 😯

That’s quite surprising…

Thought the general rule with anything quite so niche as a Ti frame from a small manufacturer was 1/2 rrp if it’s mint and as new pretty much, then start coming down quickly after that based on condition. Also, the words “2nd hand” and “Lynskey made” in the same sentence would have me (and I suggest a lot of other people) running for cover. I know a couple of people who’ve had massive issues with Lynskey made frames, and then there’s the whole host of other people that frequent this forum that have had similar issues. Bad enough if you’re the original owner, a whole lot worse if you’re not and the warranty is not valid!

Suppose though, all that said and done, anything is worth what someone is willing to pay for it at the time… I’ve seen bike stuff fetch more than new RRP prices on ebay before, people can get quite caught up in a bidding war at times!

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

+1, love the idea of a Soda but lynskey’s rep is dire, and no warranty on used. Dream bike but needs to be “cheap” to be worth the risk.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘God, not another what's it worth thread… (Soda content)’ is closed to new replies.