Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • go pro hero helmet cam
  • elaineanne
    Free Member

does it come with its own sd card or do you have to buy one seperate and do you have to buy the mount seperate also…..hey its waterproof too…

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

as i understand you have to buy the card.

the fittings you get depend on the kit you buy, although i’m pretty sure the cheap wrist one is a different housing so cannot be used with other kits.

i also think i saw a post on one of the surf forums that there is a new version coming out, or maybe an upgrade patch of some sort. i can find out for sure if its of interest.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

here it is from gopro…

You can use a 4GB SD card on our new 5MP cameras, but you cannot save a file larger than 2GB or it will corrupt the file. This will change in two weeks when we release an update patch for all of our 5MP cameras that will allow you to use a 4GB SD card and save 4GB files. That’s 1 hour and 54 minutes of record time.

And our new 5MP cameras will last for 3 hours and 15 minutes of recording (straight or split up) when using Energizer Lithium AAA batteries. We’re still testing run times with NiMH rechargeables but it is looking to be the same.

We’re working on a second patch that will allow for 8GB SD cards and 4 hours of recording but the time will be limited by the batteries…3 hours and 15 minutes.

… the guy who posted this on the surf sire also reckoned that the patch improved the auto exposure.

skiprat
    Free Member

Got the wide lens one. Came with the 2GB SD card and lots of fittings. There isn’t one in the pack i got for fitting it to the bars but theres the helmet strap and some other for fitting to your your bike(if its got flatish profile tubes) as its stick on.

Did manage to mount mine on the bars with the use of hope light bracket…but you get better pics if its on your head.

tommo999
    Free Member

You can buy a handlebar mount if you need it: handlebar mount

Look really good – I’ve an Archos helmet camera, the camera itself is good but the archos player broke quickly 🙁

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘go pro hero helmet cam’ is closed to new replies.