• This topic has 90 replies, 55 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Alex.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 91 total)
  • Go on, show us your G-Shocks/Pro Treks.
  • RustySpanner

Recently got my first one after years of F-91W ownership – £90.00 worth of Debenhams vouchers and nothing else in the shop I fancied.

One of these:

Always been a bit sceptical, but I quite like it, in a utility belt/Tonka kind of way.

I really don’t need the moon or tide tables, have no need for two stopwatches and the alarm isn’t very loud, but it looks like it’ll last and I can see the appeal.

Might even get another.

Go on, show us yours for a bit of inspiration.

CountZero

Nah, sorry, but that’s far too fussy for me. I want hands and clear numbers, none of that other spurious gubbins. Makes it too difficult to read at a glance.

RustySpanner

It’s just as legible as the F-91W’s and Swatches I’ve worn for years 🙂

And if I want to know the tide tables in Portugal, I’m sorted 😀

davidjones15
    Free Member

Got.

Want.

househusband

I do kinda see where CZ is coming from… some of them can be a bit too ‘busy’. I got one of these several months ago as I wanted one that had the atomic clock self-setting but also proper hands:

Simon

Had it a few years and I wear it all the time. It’s holding up much better than any watch I’ve had previously. Ripped the strap off (pin broke) after an arm/tree interface whilst riding, but other than that it’s been superb.

househusband

@davidjones15; what’s the ‘want’ one?

davidjones15
    Free Member

@davidjones15; what’s the ‘want’ one?

mtg-1500b-1a1jf

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

I have this

labsey
    Free Member

Not a G-Shock but this is my riding watch. Cheap and tough as anything.

Mine’s a different colour though.

MussEd
    Free Member

What’s tht last one Labsey? After a cheap(you said it)watch I can wear at work and on bike without breaking it….

derek_starship
    Free Member

Look at my latest wrist bastard!

I tried microwaving a Rustlers cheeseburger in it yesterday 😀

thehustler
    Free Member

have an old grey gshock and a protrek in drawers, but always liked this metal G

rogg
    Free Member

I’ve got one of these:

DW-6900HM, from the crazy colours range. Not exactly packed with features, but looks good.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

My ’97 now naked without case and new horrible orange strap.

Retro ’97 G-Shock without case by paulosoxo, on Flickr

labsey
    Free Member

After a cheap(you said it)

It’s a W-214H. Think I paid £25 for it. Can get ’em cheaper though. Bought it as a holiday watch but it’s great for riding. Only bought it cos I was after an F-91 and the store didn’t have any. Never looked back though.

http://www.thewatchhut.co.uk/Casio-Gents-Illuminator-Watch-W+214H+4AVEF.html

colournoise

iainc

maybe daft question, but WHY ? I have a decent watch, and a Casio digital plastic dual time, multi alarm light weight robusty £25 pound one for riding/swimming etc.

I just don’t see the point in a big expensive plastic strap on thing that surely must catch on things, not tuck under jumper, etc….enlighen me please…

davidjones15
    Free Member

Different strokes for different folks.
    EDIT
    Why do people wear the type of jumper that might catch on their watch? Enlighten me. 😉

squiff
    Free Member

househusband

maybe daft question, but WHY ? I have a decent watch, and a…

So, you have two watches… but WHY? 😉

jon1973
    Free Member

I love G-Shock watches. Had one for a few years now, and it’s still looks brand new.

I like the analogue ones with various digital functions. Tempted to go for another one…

rogg
    Free Member

squiff wins… What model is it?

parkesie
    Free Member

Got the same one as house husband no more battery going flat or having to set the time. Not overly huge and understated wear it all the time with a suit or with overalls.

iainc

So, you have two watches… but WHY?

…well, a metal one that wife bought me, but on the bike it clanks around as it’s heavy, so I went to Argos and bought a cheap waterproof Casio one so I would know the time when out riding and not be aware of it on my wrist. Having never had a G Shock, maybe it would do the job of both ? in the pics they look awfully big and cumbersome/heavy for riding ?

fathomer

househusband

squiff wins… What model is it?

GW-3000B-1AER

http://www.g-shock.co.uk/productview.aspx?ID=1504&cat=1

Nice.

iainc

davidjones – I find that a bulky watch gets in the way between jumper/jersey and gloves – I guess it’s just me, as I realise G Shocks and the likes have a place and are very popular… just different as suggested above 😀

labsey
    Free Member

Each to their own I suppose. As much as I like my cheap Casio, I also like my big, chunky Fossil watch. What I’m doing determines the watch I wear.

LeeW
    househusband

@iainc – I added the wink as I’ve got several watches…

I’ve got an Omega that was an engagement present from my wife; that only comes out at weddings, etc. I’ve got a few cheap watches, and another older G-Shock but I bought the one above for the atomic clock! And as parkesie says, it’s kinda understated.

iainc

househusband – no probs, saw the wink 😉

genuinely interested though, as I ‘imagine’ a watch like a G shock would be a big clunky thing on my arm on the bike, all adding to my ineptitude and casing more comedy falls as I tried to miss hitting it on stuff, or tried to stop it hurting my wrist when sticking hands out to cushion tree encounters 😆

edit – that blue one is quite nice though and could sneak onto my Christmas List for £99
    😆

davidjones15
    Free Member

My G-shock is probably less bulky than my Polar hrm. Go and try one, they’re not that bulky, even on my skinny wrists.

househusband

Being inept and comedy falls are to my riding what ‘aggressive hardcore XC’ (seriously – wtf?) is to many folk on here… luckily I’m thick in the arm as well as thick in the head so it looks okay!

labsey
    Free Member

Changing topic slightly (sorry), how many watches do you own?

I’ve got seven, one of which I only wear to very special occasions though, the rest I wear regularly.

Still show your G-Shocks though.

MrsToast
    Free Member

MrsToast
    Free Member

Oh dear, double post. BUT LOOK AT THE STARS!

DickBarton

Got a protrek something that I wear for biking, triple sensor thing but I never use them. Proper tough and nice big numbers so easy to read whilst moving. 5 years old now and recently had battery replaced.

Also got a g7700 gshock. Wear it to work as smaller and less action man. Day before mg 1 year warranty ran out the plastic Bezel started peeling away. Off to Casio who claimed it had suffered damage. Wouldn’t say what or how as the watch looked brand new. Offered to replace the case for 43 quid…cost me 70…I asked for evidence of the damage and refused to accept their thought. Shop got behind me and Casio then replaced the whole case…looks the same as before without the peeling plastic outer Bezel.

Wasn’t impressed with Casio but liked the support from my local H Samuels.

loddrik
    Free Member

Got Suunto Observer TR, so much nicer than the multitude of Protreks I’ve had over the years.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

broken my protrek twice now, not happy thought it was supposed to be a tough watch 🙁

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘Go on, show us your G-Shocks/Pro Treks.’ is closed to new replies.