Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)
  • Go On, Show Me Your Drop Bar MTBs*
  • Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

Why oh why are drop bar 29ers sized with stupid short seat tubes and stupid long head tubes?

Not sure which ones you’re looking at but that’s not particularly my impression. However, “longer” head tubes are (AFAIK) a result of the hooks wanting to be at the same general height as grips would be on regular bars but without having to resort to big spacer stacks and/or high rise stems.

I thought everyone liked a nice short seattube and, normally, the consequently greater standover / lower toptube.

But then again I’m not quite seeing them as you seem to be. Hey ho. It’s all bikes and buggering around in the woods 😎

avdave2

Thanks al and nedrapier, unfortunately the other thing which I completely overlooked was that I also need to fit a Rohloff shifter on the bars as well.

epicyclo

cynic-al – Member
    ‘ You may even be faster with the rigid – I am. What I may lose on the downhills I more than gain on the climbs.’
    Have you proof of that? If so, I reckon you need to look at your riding, or the trails simply don’t need suspension!

Yes. I rode the same loop several times with and without suspension forks and timed various sections. If the forks were faster, I would have kept them.

A faster fitter rider may have different results.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Finished…

Absolutly luurvly ride.

veedubba

Very nice that, Shep.

How much was the build please, if you don’t mind me asking?

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Not at all, probs about just over 1.2k i think, had some of the parts for ages,

Carbon campy ain’t cheap, neither is the chainset. but i reckon you could do something similar for 800ish from the classifieds and the Bay.

saleem
    Free Member

I’m not going to lie to you but I want your bike shep, it’s just what I want

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Shep- that’s one of the best looking bikes I’ve ever seen.
    What hubs are you using at the back and is it 11 speed?

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

bit of a resurection but…

Cheers guys

Ben its a standard halo spin doctor with 7 cogs off an ambrosio shimano splined campag 10 speed cassette. Really struggled with chainline on a full block, so running a few spacers on the inside.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Beautiful colour there, and not a daft head tube either!

Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘Go On, Show Me Your Drop Bar MTBs*’ is closed to new replies.