Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Glentrool big country route
  • BoardinBob

Anyone got details of the elevation profile for this route or even a gpx file for it. I know it’s long but I’m interested in the total ascent over the route.

Xan
    Free Member

Different subject, but did you pass me yesterday walking up St Vincent street at about 10am? A guy passed me with an XC Comp and knew you worked in that area. How is the new spring in your forks treating you?

BoardinBob

Nah wouldn’t have been me. I had the Hardrock yesterday.

Still haven’t been able to source a replacement spring 🙁

LBS spoke to the Rockshox distributor who confirmed that a lot of people are experiencing the same problems and they’ve sold out of the springs.

I found this place: http://www.juliescycles.co.uk/index.php/search.php?action=page&id=3 and I ordered it online but they just replied saying they’re dealing with my order and that was well over a week ago.

Xan
    Free Member

You can have mine for a tenner if you want it??

I got the Talas so dont need it anymore. Just lying in a cupboard.

BoardinBob

Is it the red spring?

Xan
    Free Member

not sure of colour off the top of my head. Packaging said medium. I can meet you to give it a try if yot want. I’m free tonight or sunday night if that suits?

BoardinBob

Aye the medium one is red so I’ll take it.

Tonight sounds good. I’ll give you a call on your mobile when I get home (6-ish)

harvey
    Free Member

back to subject . i would be interested to hear what the glentrool route is like to ride

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Some lovely scenery but the fire roads become a bit tedious. I joined up with Kirro black and did a loop to add some fun into the equation but it makes it a long day in the saddle. If you are planning a long ride there are better places to go imo. You could try putting the route into mapmyfitness.com etc to get total elevation.

toons
    Free Member

There’s a elevation profile on the 7 Stanes website.

PDF

BoardinBob

There’s a elevation profile on the 7 Stanes website.

PDF

Aye I’ve noticed they’ve put route profiles up on the site but they’ve neglected to include the big glentrool route!

Trekster

is it just curiosity or some other reason?

No really big hills but if it`s as windy as the day we did it they can take their toll

We start at Kirrys Heartbreak hill which puts the cafe half way round which is handy.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Glentrool big country route’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM