Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Glen Turret circumnavigation
  • J0N
    Free Member

Does anyone know if the hills around Glen Turret are rideable? Starting in Comrie, Google earth shows lots of walking paths along the hills to the south west and there is a well defined duel track to the North East ending at the Damn head. I've not yet looked at a OS map for more info but thought I post hear for any experiences.

Cheers.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Been looking at the area myself. Can't see much on O/S map apart from the track alongside the reservoir & climbing steeply then coming back on yourself (you'd be climbing 300mtrs in 1.5km)
    I'm wondering what It's like from Comrie & over to Ardeonaig via Glen Lednock, up the road to Ardtalnaig & back via the river Almond. Anyone done that?

J0N
    Free Member

Nudge.
    Just to catch the weekday keyboard warriors.

Steve_B

Just done a forum search for the same info as the OP! (assuming youre not the same John as I was out there with!)

I have been up there a few times – there are some good rideable tracks – mostly double track and some old deteriorated tarmac road. There is a also the odd bit of more interesting track in the woods around Comrie – but short and difficult to fit into a bigger loop. Unfortunately what is shown as s/t on the 50K map is not. You can loop in with some good and scenic riding out Glen Artney and FIndhu Glen (tho I have heard that some of the locals are less than welcoming so be prepared with your charm!)

Scenery is terrific and Comrie Croft is worth a visit if you are in the area.

There are new tracks above Braefordie – with all the character that new tracks have – but its still out there and I'm also curious about a possible descent off Ben Chonzie across Carn Chois to W of Turret

The circuit of Choinneachain to E of Turret is steep landy track (a long hard push for most) with a rough track descent. Nice views and good miles but nowt technical.

Comrie & over to Ardeonaig is OK to tick off – its tarmac to the far end of Lednock reservoir – we found no sign of the marked track so there was the heather hag push carry to the shoulder and a nice but short descent to the loch.

Again on the return through Almond there is (or was) no sign of the marked track. This bit I have done several times c/w and a/cw and found the best way is to push up the steep track from the dam to were it says Dundornie on the map – though what looks like a flattish push carry on the map is still v difficult!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Glen Turret circumnavigation’ is closed to new replies.