• This topic has 213 replies, 99 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Houns.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 214 total)
  • Glastonbury 2015
  • john_drummer
    Free Member

Even by Lemmy’s standards Lemmy looks ill.

Yeah but he’s ancient, what do you expect?

northernmatt

They were great, apart from 20-odd minutes when they played a load of covers. Sorry, not a fan of covers bands, no matter who they are. You have what, eight or nine albums of your own material, that’s what I’m here to see you play

Saw them at Sunderland, glad I’m not the only person that thought that. They were awesome apart from that bit though.

tenfoot

Some excellent breakdancing from the little kid dancing with Jungle.

senorj

I’m with northern matt re hot chip.
    Not much on the main stage floats my boat these days.
    Is it just me ,but mark ronson was having a laugh doing a karaoke version of Valerie ?

isto
    Free Member

Caribou red button…..**** awesome.

robbo
    Free Member

Must say I’m impressed. All stages live streaming on BBC website. Enter Shikari soon on John Peel.

northernmatt

Got bored of Hot Chip so had a butchers at Rudimental which was immediately boring so now switched to Enter Shikari who I haven’t listened to for years. I find it amazing that people know the words to what is essentially just screaming.

rascal
    Free Member

Wolf Alice….mmmmmm.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Still on Rudimental.

Beeb streaming is flipping awesome.

tenfoot

Has florence turned into miranda with all that galloping around?

I’m off to bed

isto
    Free Member

Wolf Alice….sound absolutely amazing live.

lowey

Beeb streaming is flipping awesome.

QFT.

Lemmy looks bloody awful. Sounds great though.

rascal
    Free Member

Well it’s only 2 songs in and I thought I’d see what all the fuss was about.
    Headline material? No…quite awful actually. Bad dancing in a bad suit (and she’s forgotten her shoes) 😉
    And that bloody voice (TBF – I don’t like her/them so I’m a bit biased).

jamiep
    Free Member

tenfoot
    Has florence turned into miranda with all that galloping around?
    I’m off to bed

Exactly this

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

Super Furries are on the Park Stage 🙂
    Hello Sunshine …

fluided
    Free Member

Super furries happy days I’m seeing them in September 😀

midlifecrashes

Never got the obsession for huge stages and lead singers feeling the need to dash around to all corners, messes with the singing too much. Bands work better closer together, stick with that and use the big screens to make any extra visuals for a big crowd. I’m a Flo fan so happy to see this. Only Catfish and the Bottlemen have grabbed my attention so far though, everything else apart from Motorhead has been shambolic.

egb81
    Free Member

Run the Jewels were great.

rascal
    Free Member

Surprisingly few comments about F&TM.
    You’re either engrossed by her amazing performance, not bothering or most likely sleeping as a result.
    I don’t think this will be one of those seminal headline performances that will be fondly remembered.
    As Mr Bannatyne said ‘Arm ooot!’. Bloody terrible. Goodnight.

mikey74
    Free Member

She’s definitely got those 80’s dance moves down

DezB
    Free Member

Gawd, trust me to switch on when this crap is on. All people in the crowd can hear are the other punters bellowing along. Can’t stand that sort of thing!
    Argh, red button is Mark Karaoke Ronson. The Robbie Williams of funk.

theotherjonv

Only Catfish and the Bottlemen have grabbed my attention so far though

The Gaslamp Killer certainly caught my attention. But that’s neither a vote for or against…..

ourmaninthenorth

I haven’t yet stumbled across the coverage.

Generally the BBC’s Glastonbury coverage exemplifies BBC TV’s continuing inability to deliver music on the TV (the other part of this is the eternally execrable Jools Holland show). Rather than broadening our exposure to music, instead we just get delivered Radios 1, 2 and 6’s playlists in visual form.

Tedious and uninspiring. And worsened by the BBC Radio coverage becoming a feedback loop for their TV coverage – I can hear the screech of the howell round in my ears right now.

A weekend of Radio 3 and seeking out the sort of new music the BBC ought to be covering this weekend (but, in their pseudo-corporate giddiness, aren’t) is in order.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I haven’t yet stumbled across the coverage.

Yet you know so much about it already. Awesome.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

I was a bit meh re Florence and the machine but after watching that performance, wow absolutely brilliant, she’s great!

somafunk

Much as I like Florence (in the right setting) that performance was mleh, hot chip are ace though

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

I’m watching those nerds now, they is well good!

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

Lauren Laverne’s good as well until words come out of her mouth 😆

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Fell in love a bit with Hot Chips drummer (not the guys doing the bongos the proper drummer!)

Merak

LaLa, harrumph..

Freester

Saw Hot Chip in Southampton a few years back quite possibly the worst gig I’ve ever been to.

Highlight of the Friday coverage for me was Jungle.

Pook

deadlydarcy – Member
    Oh bloody hell…don’t tell Pook that something by Keaveny was funny. He’ll explode!

I’ve been on the Keaveny breakfast show

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Had to laugh at the iPlayer panning shot of some home-counties looking lads enjoying some ridiculous baggy joint.

HELLO MUM!

Libertines just made me feel sad . They were of their time.

tenfoot

I recorded last night’s bbc 2 coverage. Can’t believe they had florence on for an hour and a half. The joys of sky + meant I didn’t have to sit through that.

Currently watching Hot Chip performing
    Over and Over. Doing a great job

Edit: Dancing in the Dark. Didn’t expect that

samcamsdad

Highlight of the Friday coverage for me was Jungle.

+1

tenfoot

Saw jungle at the roundhouse in March. They were good, and much more suited to a smaller, clublike venue.

DezB
    Free Member

mitsumonkey – Member
    Lauren Laverne’s good as well until words come out of her mouth

I do love to hear the viewpoint of an enlightened 21st century fellow.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Crikey, I’d be staying as far as possible from the Pyramid stage today…might go and watch Courtney Barnett and The Waterboys in the sun, but that’d be it. Park Stage looks good for a while. Probably finish the night off seeing Suede at the John Peel.

somafunk

Todd Terje on the west holts stage is pretty decent at the moment

Sandwich

Purple Haze & Paloma Faith do not belong together.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 214 total)

The topic ‘Glastonbury 2015’ is closed to new replies.