• This topic has 310 replies, 125 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by llama.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 311 total)
  • Glasto on the telly
  • nickc

radiohead being ace, love it

kerbdog
    Free Member

Loved Radiohead’s set, Royal Blood didn’t let the side down and The XX were pretty good too though i thought the drum machine guy ruined intro a bit…seemed to go off on his own pace.

arrpee
    Free Member

JONNY **** GREENWOOD.

welshfarmer

Never realised Radiohead were quite so soporific. Led on sofa, fell asleep in the first song and just this minute woken up. Tis all a bit …dull. I guess I should of gone out and bought an eighth.

mikey74
    Free Member

I’m no Radiohead fan but they are absolutely killing it. A superb performance.

Caher

had a hard week so finding it relaxing…background drone.

rOcKeTdOg

Caught up on my sleep during Elbow as always. Radiohead now making Elbow look good

colournoise

Caher – Member
    had a hard week so finding it relaxing…background drone.

This. Reasonable, inoffensive background music. Shame really…

Ride still the highlight of what I’ve seen so far.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

I was (and i suppose still am as Kid A is one of my most played albums) a big radiohead fan and seen them play some great gigs over the years.

However ive never really found them to translate well to a festival setting. I can appreciate the muscianship but tonight sounded flat and soulless. Dizzee Rascal looked and sounded much more fun.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Flaming Lips perfect sparkling tribute to the late David Bowie with their performance of ‘Space Oddity’ At the crescendo (and inside a giant bubble) Wayne Coyne launched out across an ocean of upstretched hands.

Nothing will top this for me, shall sleep smiling tonight 🙂

nickc

so bad, to distract you from the music they need a gimmick?

Jamie
    Free Member

midlifecrashes

Sleaford Mods on now sounding like John Cooper Clarke meets the Young Marble Giants, first time I’ve liked anything of theirs.

somafunk

TCR and jobseeker are ace tunes

theotherjonv

Ace, yes.

Tunes? It’s a man shouting. It shouldn’t be brilliant but it is.

Radiohead are clearly brilliant, people who know far more than me say so. I just don’t quite get it….

Enjoyed Lorde, and a bit of Royal Blood but got a bit bored quickly.

Northwind

Omar Little – Member

However ive never really found them to translate well to a festival setting

They were bloody awesome at Reading in 2009 (best remembered for Thom wandering onstage, shouting WASSUP, then launching into Creep. Fake Plastic Trees shouldn’t benefit from a 50000-strong singalong but it was spinetingling,

Tiger6791

Watched Clean Bandit on red button player

Surprisingly good!

Loved Radiohead in the 90s suspect I’ve grown out of it

Mark & Jo make me feel old 🙁

jeffl

Radiohead are BRILLIANT live in my experience. Flaming lips set, from what I saw of it, was Glastonbury personified.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Radiohead… liked them BITD and thought meh when they came on but then sat utterly mesmerised through the entire set.

P-Jay
    Free Member

imnotverygood – Member
    Out of interest, since Ii have never been, but doesn’t the proximity of so many bands playing at the same time mean that you end up hearing more than one. Can’t believe those tents are soundproofed.

They’re not that close, the site is massive, but as someone says in the odd moment of deafing silence you can hear the ‘other stage’ and the Pyramid Stage from the other, but you’ve got a job to work out who’s playing – they also back onto each other so the sound is projected away from the other. The other stages are smaller and more dotted around the site.

The music stops at about 11pm from memory, but it only really goes quiet between about 5am and 10am.

dazh

Watching radiohead on iplayer. Was never a massive fan but it’s hard not to feel a shiver down the spine when they play Creep. Puzzled at the criticisms of self-indulgence when you consider the self-congratulatory bilge that bands like coldplay have served up in the past.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

To the disgust of mini THM, I only lasted two songs of Radiohead, wondered what it’s was all about and went to bed instead. Like art, it’s in the eye or ear of the beholder I guess.

Pauly

Royal Blood – what a sound for just 2 guys playing bass guitar & drums!
    Radiohead – I thought they were absolutely amazing.

DezB
    Free Member

Like art, it’s in the eye or ear of the beholder I guess.

You’re not actually saying… different people like different music, are you?! 😆

RichPenny
    Free Member

True, Dez 😉

zeesaffa
    Free Member

Interesting how opinion is so split on Radioheads performance – even between fans.
    There’s always a large proportion that dont like them and think they are depressing.

I’m a big fan and have always found their live sets quite flat and dull – but I thought they were incredible last night! Loved it!

Nit meaning to sound like kn*b – but perhaps listening to them on a half decent system helps because a lot of their stuff won’t be recognisable to someone who isnt a fan. So at least you can enjoy the intricacies of their live sets if youve got it cranked up 🙂

Ps. One of my favs last night was Nude. Beautiful & atmospheric- I thought Thom nailed it!

Stainypants

I thought Radiohead were great. They played nearly all OK computer then a selection of tracks of their other albums what more would people want. With a back catalogue so eclectic they were never going keep everyone happy.

If you don’t like Radiohead don’t watch, that’s the beauty of the red button there were 5 other acts on at the same time. Or watch the Sleaford Mods on watch again.

seosamh77
    Free Member

I try to like radiohead, I just canny though, bloody dull. would be alright if he’d just shut up singing.

zippykona

I love Radiohead but it was bit of a gloomfest.
    However it did inspire me to listen to in rainbows and amnesiac again some corkers on there.

seosamh77
    Free Member

yon royal blood are decent, never knew they were just a bass and drums.

mikey74
    Free Member

I love Radiohead but it was bit of a gloomfest

I don’t get these types of quotes: As far as I could see, it was a brilliant representation of what they do. I’d venture that if you didn’t like that, then you don’t really like Radiohead as much as you claim.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Do they do that VIP area shite at the front of the stages at Glastonbury now?

seosamh77
    Free Member

quite enjoying this bad bad not good. Never heard them before, kinda mellow jazz funk thing going on. very good musicians.

Moe

Enjoyed Elbow, Got tickets for them for Thursday at High Lodge, so they should still be buzzing! 🙂

136stu
    Free Member

Enjoyed Elbow, Got tickets for them for Thursday at High Lodge, so they should still be buzzing

I just dont get all the fuss about Elbow (nor Radiohead), not sure Guy Garvey has got a buzz in him.

But as an aside, anybody else thinking Chrissie Hynde is looking quite hot for her age!

colournoise

Not a massive fan of Elbow (apart from one or two tracks), but every time I see them perform live on TV it does strike me how good and ‘pure’ Guy Garvey’s voice is live – can’t remember hearing him hit a duff note ever.

Northwind

Not really an Elbow fan but One Day Like This is a tune. (similarly, as poor as Coldplay obviously are, Fix You is a belter, dynamically perfect)

Moe

I just dont get all the fuss about Elbow (nor Radiohead), not sure Guy Garvey has got a buzz in him.

I don’t get all the fuss about not getting all the fuss. Music is an all inclusive church, that’s the beauty of it.

But as an aside, anybody else thinking Chrissie Hynde is looking quite hot for her age!

Definitely! 😛

Tom-B
    Free Member

Liam Gallagher on iPlayer now…..awful! He is seriously flat!

pondo

I don’t get all the fuss about not getting all the fuss. Music is an all inclusive church, that’s the beauty of it.

Àaaaamen!

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 311 total)

The topic ‘Glasto on the telly’ is closed to new replies.