Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Glasgow velodrome – can you take your own pedals?
  • geoffj

I know they have Keo pedals, but could I take my own Shimano SPD (road version) pedals and shoes?
    I’d prefer not to use what I’m used to.

eskay

I don’t know for sure but would guess no. Newport do not allow anything to be changed on their bikes, probably a safety thing.

iainc

No, they don’t let you change anything on the bikes

mikewsmith
    Free Member

When I did Manchester they said that the Keo’s held better than the Shimano’s so they were the only ones accepted.

mtbel
    Free Member

That’s a shame 🙁 can you hire shoes?

geoffj

Mmmm – curious because you seem to be able to use flats OR keos, which implies that they do change pedals on the bikes. Oh well, I’ll just get a pair of keo cleats.

iainc

I did my accreds not long after it opened and they quickly stopped flats apart from small kids. My 8 yr old had to use Keo’s. There’s no way I’d ride the track in flats though, recipe for disaster..

matthew_h
    Free Member

For flats (at other velodromes where I’ve ridden) they put an adapter into the Look pedal and use a toeclip and strap

geoffj

There’s no way I’d ride the track in flats though, recipe for disaster.

My thoughts too – keo cleats ordered.

bantasanta
    Free Member

Not sure about the hire bikes but SC were fine with me using SPDs on one of their Dolans.

crazy-legs

Changing pedals on track hire bikes is a strict no. Too much risk of stripping cranks, having pedals go missing etc.

The hire bikes at Manchester have a toeclip adaptor which fits into the pedal if anyone wants to use normal trainers in toeclips, otherwise you can just hire shoes with Keo cleats.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Glasgow velodrome – can you take your own pedals?’ is closed to new replies.