Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Given too much change….what's the threshold for owning up?
  • pk-ripper
    Free Member

Yep. Or give money to charity anyway.

Right on. While you're there, never swear, never be mean to animals, and above all love Jesus.

jon1973
    Free Member

I'm a Recruitment Consultant.

Pook

They'd be receiving stolen goods or something then wouldn't they? Or money laundering?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Years ago my (Swedish heritage) mate was given a large cash sum by an elderly relative to buy a car on the condition it was a Volvo and he had to keep it.

He went to a local garage to buy an almost new car, paid for it by cheque and subsequently collected it.

They never cashed the cheque.

But he had a Volvo to drive around in as an 18 yr old.

jon1973
    Free Member

given a large cash sum by an elderly relative to buy a car on the condition it was a Volvo

What is it with old people putting conditions like that on? miserable old git.

BigJohn

Still not paid for it.

Is there a time limit on these things?

Statute of limitations is 6 years.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Ohh and recently I was in a supermarket and bought 4 big boxes of nappies (along with a load of other stuff). When I got in my car I thought it seemed a bit cheap – it turned out they had scanned one and put the other three through without scanning (or pressing the multiplier button on the till).

Saved me £25 that one. Still – the way we get through them, they will soon make that money up.

molgrips
    Free Member

I'm a Recruitment Consultant.

Lol! Touché… I have no answer to that.

Cougar

willful deductions of wages without consent IS illegal.

Place I used to work at had that policy; till shortages came directly out of the wages of staff who were working that till. Consequently, I was always very careful to count the till on staff handovers, and not being an innumerate scrote I never had till shortages.

Got my wage one day to find that I'd been docked a till shortage. Kicked off, management disinterested. Long story short, I broke into the office and went through the close sheets for that day. The store manager had forged my signature on the paperwork. Being young and naive, I quit shortly afterwards rather than suing the barstools.

I should add, this wasn't some small business either, it was a large national chain.

epicyclo

…the threshold is your self respect.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Instead of giving it back, donate it to a charity. That must be even more morally sound

Who are you, Robin Hood?

I just give it back, it was probably someone made a simple mistake doing a menial job and they'll get their ass kicked for it when it comes time to cash in at the end of the day. As per above.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

1p

It's not yours so make every effort to give it back.

brakes
    Free Member

there's no money like free money
    what about those self-service tills in supermarkets where there's a little drawer where you get your change in the form of bank notes. twice I've gone to one of the tills and found a fiver in the drawer.
    what would you do?

Edric64
    Free Member

I was brung up proper and would point out that I had been given to much(as I always do)

PenrodPooch
    Free Member

Lots of people on here are happy to put low paid staff in a tricky situation or basically steal. I'm no saint but you lot are common criminals

highclimber
    Free Member

Lots of people on here are happy to put low paid staff in a tricky situation or basically steal. I'm no saint but you lot are common criminals

Why, thank you 😆

lazlo53
    Free Member

well Molgrips, I've disagreed with you once or twice in the past, and I suspect that I will in future. But in this one you're absolutely right. There's an absolute moral obligation to return what is in effect stolen money. Theft is theft, I cannot begin to understand why some posters think otherwise………..Things have really started to slip in this country since those tory b******s got in power.

aracer
    Free Member

the same applies to pubs and clubs as well. Someone would have got a bollocking for the til being £10 short after your Red Stripe transaction

Given the staff don't tend to have personal tills from what I've seen, who gets the bollocking?

D0NK

moral obligations aside how in the name of **** can it be stealing? Whats to stop some prankster on a till giving you too much change intentionally and as soon as you try to leave the store call security and the police in? Coz it'd get laughed out of court thats why. Theft my arse.

The last few times someone has given me too much change I've stood there for a minute looking at the money in my hand knowing somethings wrong and trying to figure out whether I'm better or worse off than I was, by which time the til worker figures out theres a problem and whips it back. Moral pitfall averted.

lazlo53
    Free Member

Donker, you're a plonker

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Given too much change….what's the threshold for owning up?’ is closed to new replies.