Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Gisburn forest
  • Mr5O
    Free Member

Is it worth travelling the 2 hours from Sheffield for? And yes I know I have the peaks on the doorstep but I can ride them anytime I want and would like to try somewhere new and have ridden most of the other trail centres.

Any advice on trail conditions etc would be appreciated, thanks.

Paul

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Difficult to say whether you would think it’s worth traveliing for as thats all subjective, but it’s fun, the trails are pretty weatherproof (although there are some boggy bits) and ther is a nice pub nearby!

I’d say go, most of the ‘natural’ trails around you will be under water anyway so now is the right time to make use of a fairly weatherproof trail set up.

I always enjoy my trips there.

aldo69
    Free Member

gisburn is good its only 20 miles from my home so i do it pretty often, its as good as any centres i have ridden, it takes 2 hours if you ride steady, its in 2 loops so you can do it twice or bail out half way, the pub bikeshop/wash at tosside is also very good.
    quite muddy in places as you would expect with all the rain we have had but its all rideable.

you will enjoy your self.

cheers pete

martinhutch

I wouldn’t expect it to ever be very muddy, except in a couple of small sections. Plenty of puddles that fill up, so you’ll get damp though.

It’s a fantastic trail, lots of variety.

Watch out for the last puddle after the bermed descent after whelpstone crag.

Clover

Someone on here was going to do Gisburn one morning and Lee and Cragg Quarries on the way back. Not sure how he got on and you’d have to do an early start from Sheffield to do that in daylight but might be fun if you wanted a bigger day out.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Gisburn forest’ is closed to new replies.