Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Giro Hex Helmet with Bastid Helmet mount
  • kevin1911

Hey all,

Does anyone happen to use a Giro Hex helmet with a Bastid helmet-mounted LED light?

I’m thinking of buying one of the helmets but the vents seem to be an odd shape – so just wondering how well the hemlet mount attaches to the helmet?

K

WackoAK
    Free Member

I zip-tie the mount to the helmet, bit of a squeeze but fits ok.

el_diablo
    Free Member

I have a HEX helmet and if we’re talking the same light, a bastid too!

Is it this one?

I sit the light bracket on top of the first vent and the rubber band holds it rock steady and pointing in just the right direction. Although I think I may have trimmed the bracket slightly to alter the angle?…

If I remember, I’ll check the bracket and take a picture tonight!

kevin1911

Yep, that’s the one! So you actually use the rubber band to wrap round between two of the vents? How tight a fit is it?

ourkidsam
    Free Member

I do that, on a Xen, works a treat.

WackoAK
    Free Member

So you actually use the rubber band to wrap round between two of the vents?

Interesting, I might experiment with that tonight then.

el_diablo
    Free Member

Works fine, like I say, I’ve a feeling I trimmed the mount down slightly to adjust the angle, but that was last winter and I can’t quite remember! It can move with a bit of persuasion, but only between two positions which are both good as one shines a bit nearer the front wheel than the other. It doesn’t move on it’s own, just if I force it to.
    Either way, I used it roughly twice a week throughout last winter and it worked fine, and still does!

cheers_drive

I’ve been using the mount on my Zen but the vecro straps are difficult to tighten as they stick to my helmet pads.
    I’ll try mounting direct now

el_diablo
    Free Member

Just checked, no trimming done and it appears to be the shorter fatter rubber band holding it on.

takisawa2

Iu use a large ‘O’ ring, to hold my DX torch onot my Hex. Works well.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Giro Hex Helmet with Bastid Helmet mount’ is closed to new replies.