Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Giant Trance Advanced Opinions
  • sheppie_hill
    Free Member

Hi

Anyone got one? I currenly ride a spark and while I love it I am always on the look out to try something else. There appear to be some good deals to be had on the Trance Advanced Frame (4.3″ travel) and wondered whether it was any good.

Steve

Guilliano
    Free Member

Do you particularly want carbon? If not I’d go for the Anthem X frame instead as it’s lighter and a better ride

chakaping
    Free Member

I tried to get opinions on this a while back – it seems they are going cheap because nobody owns them.

FWIW, I decided to go with the alu version in the end. Almost same weight, far cheaper and builds into a very light (and capable) bike.

There does seem to be a perceived risk of crash damage with carbon too, but I couldn’t offer an opinion on that myself.

sheppie_hill
    Free Member

Chapaking – do you have details of frame weights (both carbon and alu) I tried to find them but couldn’t

sslowpace
    Free Member

Weight differences are in the region of 200g at most. The advantages of the carbon frame are the stiffness and the ‘damping’ effect of the carbon.
    I have the anthem advanced frame, and i found i preferred the ride to the alloy one. Apart from what i percieved as a stiffer BB area, there was a ‘something’ about the ride i preferred. Plus it looks ace 😀

Try and get a ride on the carbon and alloy versions to see if it makes adifference.

Pete

chakaping
    Free Member

Chapaking – do you have details of frame weights (both carbon and alu) I tried to find them but couldn’t

Sorry, I can’t remember where I gleaned that from.

Have you had a look on the MTBR Giant forum though? There were a few owners there.

I never got to ride the Advanced frame, but you’re welcome to have a go on my alu Trance (med) if you’re near Herts.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Giant Trance Advanced Opinions’ is closed to new replies.