Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Giant Trance 29er
  • TomZesty
    Free Member

Has anyone managed an early ride/ demo (are they even released in the UK yet?) on a trance 29er. I think they look ace (apart from the smaller ones which look weird) and seem quite affordable – £1500 for the base model! I’m thinking of a change, and I fancy a 29er thats tough and just does the job.

Cheers

smartmonkey
    Free Member

I’ve had one on order since the first day I knew they were available to order. It’s been a long wait, currently saying week 42 so another 2 weeks or so.

SM

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

I have a frameset on order. Rutland Cycling had a Large Trance 1 in stock a few weeks ago, so they are released.

rOcKeTdOg

doesn’t look any prettier than the anthem

transapp
    Free Member

No, but I irrationally want one.

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

They aren’t pretty but do look better without two feet of seatpost hanging out the frame and a tiller for a stem.

TomZesty
    Free Member

You guys get yours yet? I’m still considering one, but need a test ride. What other trail 29ers are there for between £1500 and £2000? I want something that can handle the Lake District and the Peaks, but I can’t afford something like a Transition Bandit 29er. I like the new Camber but it seems a bit XC for the Lakes and the more rocky areas I ride.

cheers_drive

The new Canyon 29er Full suss might be worth taking a look at, I think it’s 110mm rear travel. Great VFM. Not delivered until next spring though

Sanny
    Free Member

Have you had a look at the Cube 29ers? They look terrific value for money especially the Stereo.

For my money though, the Trance X looks like it could be a winner. The only full sus 29er I’ve tried previously was an Anthem X 29er and it was a lovely bike to ride. It just seemed to whizz along and soak up technical, root laden trails in an unruffled manner.

doctorgnashoidz
    Free Member

Giant Trance X29er

It’s probably just me but it looks like the forks/frame are bent. I know they aren’t. I might get used to it with time.

will
    Free Member

Dam that Canyon look nice!

Candodavid
    Free Member

looks a shed load nicer than the Giant

TomZesty
    Free Member

I do like the look of the Canyon, amazing spec, but it has fair bit less travel – think 110mm instead of 127mm. Do you think it would be tough enough for rough trail riding?

cheers_drive

I think the Canyon has 120mm forks too so its only the rear travel that’s different. I doubt you’d find much difference.
    I’ve got a Canyon HT and would get the FS if I wasn’t moving to Cambridgeshire.

ahwiles
    Free Member

i prefer the trance…

(if someone were to give me £2k, i’d be happy to let you all know if it’s any good)

andypaul99
    Free Member

[quoteDam that Canyon look nice![/quote]

Looks good but that seat post clamp looks gay in red on that bike

Still not sure if I would have it over the trance though – still got this thing about mail order bikes..just prefer dealing with my Lbs

fudge9202
    Free Member

Anybody got one yet to give us a review?

smartmonkey
    Free Member

Apparently mine has arrived 🙂 I’ve just got to pop down and pick it up.
    Weather permitting I’ll be out in Swinley on Sunday morning.
    SM

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

My frame is due on Monday….if it appears on time.

The Canyon is 110mm front and back, I looked at it but went for the Giant as it looks like it will be happier with a 130/140mm fork.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Smartmonkey let us all know how it goes, cheers.

smartmonkey
    Free Member

Got a cheeky ride this afternoon, did about 9 miles of very muddy, not very technical stuff 🙂 I’ve not really got anything to compare it to as my previous bike was a 10 Year old hardtail trek that was £400 new….
    It’s a very different bike, loads more ground clearance, rides very fast, enough range on the large ring that the small ring will rarely get used.
    2 X 10 seems nice 🙂
    Seemed to have loads of grip in the slippery conditions, got bored so stuck the seat down and went for a very steep and slippery set of wooden steps that it barely noticed.
    Going to Swinley tomorrow morning so that should be fun. If you see a Trance X 29er 1 being ridden by a fat bloke with a lack of skill, wearing a hideous combination of yellow, red and blue, that will be me :p

SM

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Got my frame yesterday after several delays but it was definately worth the wait! Its not pretty and the Giant coloursceme sucks but all is forgiven when you ride it 😮

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I was eyeing up one of these until Crc did the 2011 Sultan for 999…

bonesetter
    Free Member

Strange looking bikes, although they perform very well.

grum
    Free Member

Head angle is quite steep innit?

quincie
    Free Member

My boss actually got his in last week, still hasnt taken it out! looks brilliant

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Giant Trance 29er’ is closed to new replies.