Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Giant Anyroad Comax 'gravel' bike – anyone got one?
  • 13thfloormonk

Apologies in advance, I’ve mentioned this twice in other related threads but didn’t get much response.

Very much in the market for something as light as possible with gravel potential (i.e. big tyres, discs) and drop bars. Virtually everything on the market is similar to my old Synapse which is still too long/too low for me (at the moment anyway, long boring story).

The Anyroad seems to be the only thing shorter/taller than a Synapse which isn’t steel, and looks like it could go a wee bit lighter with some pruning of OEM parts etc. I’m even coming round to the looks, somehow!

Any owners on here want to share their experiences?

jimw
    Free Member

No direct experience, but two friends have one and both rave about them. One did the Paris-Roubaix challenge on it in April

13thfloormonk

Ok, that’s a good start!

jimw
    Free Member

Perhaps for balance I ought to point out that when out with others on more road focused bikes in group rides, it apparently is noticably more effort on the standard tyres than every one else

13thfloormonk

Yeah, I’d assumed that, I’d stick some 28c GP4000s on for those rides, and if I’m really liking the bike maybe even some posher wheels eventually..

ampthill

I have never ridden one but I have spent alot of time browsing reach and stack
    figures.

I’d say look at the Gt Grade

An XL synapse is reach 40cm stack 63.9cm

Xl Gt grade is reach 38.2cm and stack 62.7cm

XXL Gt grade is reach 38.9 cm and stack 65.0cm

The price for the alloy build seems fair to me £900 for Tiagra. No idea about Carbon builds

All the reviews look favourable. The only negative is that reported tyre clearance isn’t as big as some but will certainly do upto 35c

13thfloormonk

Interesting! Would never normally have considered an XXL, what’s the catch, standover? wheelbase? Will take a look when not on my phone…

ampthill

I think the grade has along wheel base that is as much about a slack head angle

The XXL is a stated as 60cm frame so I don’t think standover would be huge. Standover is quoted as 84.3 cm. 1 cm more than the biggest Defy. It’s less standover than Synapse but that is quoted at the mid point so probably does’t compare fairly

13thfloormonk

Yeah I checked it out, I think the 58/XL would be fine, not even really worried about the standover, I used to ride a CAAD9 with a virtually horizontal top tube.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Giant Anyroad Comax 'gravel' bike – anyone got one?’ is closed to new replies.